Обсуждение: IDEA: Multi-master replication possible through spread (or even master-slave)...

IDEA: Multi-master replication possible through spread (or even master-slave)...

От
Sean Chittenden
Дата:
        Has anyone here thought about using the spread libraries for WAL
replication amongst mutliple hosts?  With this library I think it'd be
possible to have a multi-master replication system...

http://www.spread.org/
       I'm not familiar enough with the guts of postgres to be able to
impliment this (yet), but thought that it might be something for someone
else to look into.  At the very least, check out the libs, they're very
impressive and I've had good luck with them in the past.  If push comes
to shove, in a few months I may write a few ruby+spread utils to do
this, but we'll see...  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden

Re: IDEA: Multi-master replication possible through spread (or even master-slave)...

От
Sean Chittenden
Дата:
    Howdy.  Darren, I'd reply in person, but there are issues with
your mail account.  ;~)  At anyrate, is there a mailing list that the
Postgres-R development is happening on so that I could drop in and
either listen/contribute? Thanks.  -sc

<djohnson@greatbridge.org>:
63.136.234.38 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 <djohnson@greatbridge.org>... User unknown
Giving up on 63.136.234.38.
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 22:09:21 -0700
From: Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
To: Darren Johnson <djohnson@greatbridge.org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] IDEA: Multi-master replication possible through
spread
+(or even master-slave)...
+on Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at = 01:01:58AM

--
Sean Chittenden

Re: IDEA: Multi-master replication possible through spread (or even master-slave)...

От
Darren Johnson
Дата:

It's not only for Postgres-R, but any PostgreSQL
replication ideas, discussions, or projects.
Feel free to listen or contribute.

Darren

BTW: My apologies for the email issues. Should be fixed now.

Sean Chittenden wrote:

>     Howdy.  Darren, I'd reply in person, but there are issues with
> your mail account.  ;~)  At anyrate, is there a mailing list that the
> Postgres-R development is happening on so that I could drop in and
> either listen/contribute? Thanks.  -sc

Re: IDEA: Multi-master replication possible through spread (or even master-slave)...

От
Darren Johnson
Дата: