Обсуждение: Yet more logging questions

Yet more logging questions

От
mlw
Дата:
I was wondering if there was a way to log the "explain" of a query. Not the
full plan mind you, just what would be the result of an "explain." That in
conjunction with query statistics would be quite helpful (and resemble some of
the typical logging one can do with Oracle.)

Re: Yet more logging questions

Дата:
mlw <markw@mohawksoft.com> writes:
> I was wondering if there was a way to log the "explain" of a query.

Being a NOTICE, it *is* logged.
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:

> mlw <markw@mohawksoft.com> writes:
> > I was wondering if there was a way to log the "explain" of a query.
>
> Being a NOTICE, it *is* logged.

Sorry, I didn't make my intentions clear. I mean as a function of normal query
operation.

The debug_print_plan is VERY verbose. Is there an option which does the
equivilent of an EXPLAIN on a submitted query?

For instance, I would like to be able to do something like this:

debug_print_query = true
debug_print_explain = true    #my own fictional directive
show_query_stats = true