Обсуждение: fmgr_info: function 20071: cache lookup failed

fmgr_info: function 20071: cache lookup failed

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Dear all,

After migration to PostgreSQL 7.2, modifying a function with CREATE OR
REPLACE foo, and running the function, backend returns :

fmgr_info: function 20071: cache lookup failed.
Any idea?

Best regards,
Jean-Michel POURE

Re: fmgr_info: function 20071: cache lookup failed

От
Stephan Szabo

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> After migration to PostgreSQL 7.2, modifying a function with CREATE OR
> REPLACE foo, and running the function, backend returns :
>
> fmgr_info: function 20071: cache lookup failed.
> Any idea?

Is 20071 the oid of the function in question? Can you give a standalone
example that gives the error?

Re: fmgr_info: function 20071: cache lookup failed

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Dear Stephan ,

> Is 20071 the oid of the function in question?
Yes, as from the error message. It is quite surprising.

> Can you give a standalone example that gives the error?
After updating a PLpgSQL function of a trigger on table foo with CREATE OR
REPLACE using latest version of pgAdmin2.

If I run "UPDATE TABLE foo SET foo_timestamp = 'now' WHERE .... sql clause"
will return an error. It seems to be a migration problem.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: fmgr_info: function 20071: cache lookup failed

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

> Dear Stephan ,
>
> > Is 20071 the oid of the function in question?
> Yes, as from the error message. It is quite surprising.

Wanted to be sure it wasn't some other function that might be being
referenced therein.

> > Can you give a standalone example that gives the error?
> After updating a PLpgSQL function of a trigger on table foo with CREATE OR
> REPLACE using latest version of pgAdmin2.
>
> If I run "UPDATE TABLE foo SET foo_timestamp = 'now' WHERE .... sql clause"
> will return an error. It seems to be a migration problem.

Hmm, I just did a simple test of a before insert/update trigger and
updating with create or replace from psql and didn't have a problem.  Can
you give the tables/functions involved?

Re: fmgr_info: function 20071: cache lookup failed

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
> After updating a PLpgSQL function of a trigger on table foo with CREATE OR
> REPLACE using latest version of pgAdmin2.
> If I run "UPDATE TABLE foo SET foo_timestamp = 'now' WHERE .... sql clause"
> will return an error. It seems to be a migration problem.

Dear all,

Please disregard my previous message. In pgAdmin2, I dropped the old tables
and functions pgadmin_*. But going too fast, I also dropped
plpgsql_call_handler by error. What a fool ...