Обсуждение: Missing library files??

Missing library files??

От
"Tony Griffiths(RA)"
Дата:
Hi,
I've mailed this previously to the novice list, but got no response, so
hopefully this is more the appropriate place.

I'm trying to invoke the DirectFunctionCall1function as follows:
                       BOX* __tmp;                       Datum d = DirectFunctionCall1(box_in,
BoxPGetDatum(ret_bbox));                       __tmp = DatumGetBoxP(d);

(where ret_bbox is a string representation of a box)

from some client side code, but get linker errors stating that:

-> undefined reference to `DirectFunctionCall1(unsigned long
(*)(FunctionCallInfoData*), unsigned long)'

-->  undefined reference to `box_in(FunctionCallInfoData*)

Is this because I'm calling the function incorrectly, or because I'm
missing the library in which these functions reside?

Many thanks,

Tony

Re: Missing library files??

Дата:
"Tony Griffiths(RA)" <griffitt@cs.man.ac.uk> writes:
> I'm trying to invoke the DirectFunctionCall1function as follows:
> from some client side code, but get linker errors stating that:

> -> undefined reference to `DirectFunctionCall1(unsigned long
> (*)(FunctionCallInfoData*), unsigned long)'

> Is this because I'm calling the function incorrectly, or because I'm
> missing the library in which these functions reside?

There *is* no "library in which those functions reside".  They are
internal to the server and are not designed to be included in
client-side code.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Missing library files??

От
"Tony Griffiths(RA)"
Дата:
Griffiths(RA)"<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:griffitt@cs.man.ac.uk"><griffitt@cs.man.ac.uk></a>
type="cite"><prewrap="">Is this because I'm calling the function incorrectly, or because I'm <br />missing the library
functionsreside".  They are<br />internal to the server and are not designed to be included in<br />client-side
code.</pre></blockquote>Fair enough - that's what I half expected. I'm wanting to write some embedded sql that selects
abox attribute from a relation - is there any direct way of retrieving a BOX typed value from the select without having
togo through decoding the retrieved string. I know I can do this using a binary cursor, but this means moving from

Re: Missing library files??

От
Gavin Sherry
Дата:
On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Tony Griffiths(RA)" <griffitt@cs.man.ac.uk> writes:
> > I'm trying to invoke the DirectFunctionCall1function as follows:
> > from some client side code, but get linker errors stating that:
>
> > -> undefined reference to `DirectFunctionCall1(unsigned long
> > (*)(FunctionCallInfoData*), unsigned long)'
>
> > Is this because I'm calling the function incorrectly, or because I'm
> > missing the library in which these functions reside?
>
> There *is* no "library in which those functions reside".  They are
> internal to the server and are not designed to be included in
> client-side code.

You can access this function using the Fast Path Interface. See the libpq
documentation. However, I am unsure why you would want to get access to
this function on the client side.

Gavin

Re: Missing library files??

От
"Tony Griffiths(RA)"
Дата:
wrap="">"TonyGriffiths(RA)" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
wrap="">I'mtrying to invoke the DirectFunctionCall1function as follows:<br />...<br />from some client side code, but
to`DirectFunctionCall1(unsigned long <br />(*)(FunctionCallInfoData*), unsigned long)'<br
/></pre></blockquote><blockquotetype="cite"><pre wrap="">Is this because I'm calling the function incorrectly, or
no"library in which those functions reside".  They are<br />internal to the server and are not designed to be included
Interface.See the libpq<br />documentation. However, I am unsure why you would want to get access to<br />this function
methodto decode the retrieved string - unless there's a direct way of retrieving into a variable of the C type BOX??<br
/><br/><blockquote cite="mid:Pine.LNX.4.21.0206192342270.24742-100000@linuxworld.com.au" type="cite"><pre wrap=""><br

Re: Missing library files??

Дата:
"Tony Griffiths(RA)" <griffitt@cs.man.ac.uk> writes:
> Fair enough - that's what I half expected. I'm wanting to write some
> embedded sql that selects a box attribute from a relation - is there any
> direct way of retrieving a BOX typed value from the select without
> having to go through decoding the retrieved string. I know I can do this
> using a binary cursor, but this means moving from embedded sql.

The binary representation of BOX wouldn't necessarily be the same on
client and server machines anyway (surely you don't want to wire in
an assumption that client and server are on the same kind of hardware).

I'd say bite the bullet and parse the ASCII string; it's hardly
difficult.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Missing library files??

От
"Tony Griffiths(RA)"
Дата:
Griffiths(RA)"<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:griffitt@cs.man.ac.uk"><griffitt@cs.man.ac.uk></a>
some<br />embedded sql that selects a box attribute from a relation - is there any <br />direct way of retrieving a BOX
typedvalue from the select without <br />having to go through decoding the retrieved string. I know I can do this <br
representationof BOX wouldn't necessarily be the same on<br />client and server machines anyway (surely you don't want
changethe structure of a box string down the line then not too good for backwards compatibility. sscanf here I