Обсуждение: Re: Default privileges for new databases (was Re: Can't

Re: Default privileges for new databases (was Re: Can't

От
"Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD"
Дата:
> What we really need is some mode on template1 that says, "I am not
> world-writable, but the admin hasn't made me world-non-writable, so I
> will create new databases that are world-writable".  Does that make
> sense?

I think template1 public should be non-world-writeable by default, and pass that
to newly created databases. What exactly was it, why we don't want that ?
Backwards compatibility ? Imho doing one (additional) grant after creating a db
cannot be such a problem, no ?

Andreas

Re: Default privileges for new databases (was Re: Can't

Дата:
"Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA@spardat.at> writes:
> ... What exactly was it, why we don't want that ?
> Backwards compatibility ? Imho doing one (additional) grant after creating a db
> cannot be such a problem, no ?

Breaking every existing pg_dumpall script doesn't strike you as a
problem?
        regards, tom lane