Обсуждение: Open items

Open items

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Here are the open items:
                             P O S T G R E S Q L
                         7 . 3  O P E N    I T E M S

Current at ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/open_items.

Source Code Changes
-------------------
Schema handling - ready? interfaces? client apps?
Drop column handling - ready for all clients, apps?
Fix BeOS and QNX4 ports
Get bison upgrade on postgresql.org
Fix vacuum btree bug (Tom)
Fix client apps for autocommit = off
Fix clusterdb to be schema-aware
Change log_min_error_statement to be off by default
Fix return tuple counts/oid/tag for rules

On Hold
-------
Point-in-time recovery
Win32 port
Security audit

Documentation Changes
---------------------
Document need to add permissions to loaded functions and languages
Move documation to gborg for moved projects

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Open items

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> On Hold
> -------
> Point-in-time recovery
> Win32 port
> Security audit

Why is the security audit on hold?  This is the best time to do it, while
the code is reasonably static :(

Re: Open items

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > On Hold
> > -------
> > Point-in-time recovery
> > Win32 port
> > Security audit
>
> Why is the security audit on hold?  This is the best time to do it, while
> the code is reasonably static :(

It is on hold in the sense it is not a item that has to be completed for
7.3 but is in on-going, like the other items.  The other items have to
be specifically marked as "done" before the 7.3 release.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Open items

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > On Hold
> > > -------
> > > Point-in-time recovery
> > > Win32 port
> > > Security audit
> >
> > Why is the security audit on hold?  This is the best time to do it, while
> > the code is reasonably static :(
>
> It is on hold in the sense it is not a item that has to be completed for
> 7.3 but is in on-going, like the other items.  The other items have to
> be specifically marked as "done" before the 7.3 release.

Ah, k ... maybe put it  under a 'Non Critical' or 'Ongoing' category?

Re: Open items

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> > > Why is the security audit on hold?  This is the best time to do it, while
> > > the code is reasonably static :(
> >
> > It is on hold in the sense it is not a item that has to be completed for
> > 7.3 but is in on-going, like the other items.  The other items have to
> > be specifically marked as "done" before the 7.3 release.
>
> Ah, k ... maybe put it  under a 'Non Critical' or 'Ongoing' category?

Good, changed to "On going".

Pennsylvania19073