Обсуждение: New PostgreSQL Website : advocacy.postgresql.org

New PostgreSQL Website : advocacy.postgresql.org

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Hi all,

Over the last few weeks we've put together a new "Advocacy and
Marketing" website for PostgreSQL:

http://advocacy.postgresql.org

It's now ready for public release.  It has the first few case studies,
lists the major advantages to PostgreSQL, and provides a place you can
point your CIO, CTO, and CEO's at, etc.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

   - Indira Gandhi

Re: [GENERAL] New PostgreSQL Website : advocacy.postgresql.org

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
Justin,

what does world map with fuzzy points supposed to show ?
Oleg
On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Justin Clift wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Over the last few weeks we've put together a new "Advocacy and
> Marketing" website for PostgreSQL:
>
> http://advocacy.postgresql.org
>
> It's now ready for public release.  It has the first few case studies,
> lists the major advantages to PostgreSQL, and provides a place you can
> point your CIO, CTO, and CEO's at, etc.
>
> :-)
>
> Regards and best wishes,
>
> Justin Clift

Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: [GENERAL] New PostgreSQL Website : advocacy.postgresql.org

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Hi Oleg,

It's supposed to show roughly where everyone is.

Based mostly on Vince's map from the developer site, but this one is
really easy to update.

If you're not located on the map correctly (probably hard to tell, but
if you're wrong on Vince's map then you're wrong on this one) it can be
updated pronto.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> Justin,
>
> what does world map with fuzzy points supposed to show ?
>
>         Oleg
> On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Justin Clift wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Over the last few weeks we've put together a new "Advocacy and
> > Marketing" website for PostgreSQL:
> >
> > http://advocacy.postgresql.org
> >
> > It's now ready for public release.  It has the first few case studies,
> > lists the major advantages to PostgreSQL, and provides a place you can
> > point your CIO, CTO, and CEO's at, etc.
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > Regards and best wishes,
> >
> > Justin Clift
> >

>         Regards,
>                 Oleg
> Oleg Bartunov, sci.researcher, hostmaster of AstroNet,
> Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University (Russia)
> Internet: oleg@sai.msu.su, http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
> phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

first group; there was less competition there."  - Indira Gandhi

Re: [GENERAL] New PostgreSQL Website : advocacy.postgresql.org

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Justin Clift wrote:

> Hi Oleg,
>
> It's supposed to show roughly where everyone is.
>
> Based mostly on Vince's map from the developer site, but this one is
> really easy to update.
>
> If you're not located on the map correctly (probably hard to tell, but
> if you're wrong on Vince's map then you're wrong on this one) it can be
> updated pronto.

Look for an updated map shortly.  I have everyone's coordinates in and
it looks like the tools build ok.  I should have at least a day or two
break from the activities in Congress (re. internet broadcasting), so
I want to get the new one up asap and before things bust loose again.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net        56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo
atPop4 Networking     http://www.camping-usa.com      http://www.cloudninegifts.com  http://www.meanstreamradio.com
 http://www.unknown-artists.com

Re: [GENERAL] New PostgreSQL Website : advocacy.postgresql.org

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Justin Clift wrote:
>
> > Hi Oleg,
> >
> > It's supposed to show roughly where everyone is.
> >
> > Based mostly on Vince's map from the developer site, but this one is
> > really easy to update.
> >
> > If you're not located on the map correctly (probably hard to tell, but
> > if you're wrong on Vince's map then you're wrong on this one) it can be
> > updated pronto.
>
> Look for an updated map shortly.  I have everyone's coordinates in and
> it looks like the tools build ok.  I should have at least a day or two
> break from the activities in Congress (re. internet broadcasting), so
> I want to get the new one up asap and before things bust loose again.

Coordinates seems ok (Moscow), I asked if map should present something
more like old Bruce's map with photos. I'm using Mozilla and see just
a picture of the world :-)

> Vince.

Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: [GENERAL] New PostgreSQL Website : advocacy.postgresql.org

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
<snip>
> Coordinates seems ok (Moscow), I asked if map should present something
> more like old Bruce's map with photos. I'm using Mozilla and see just
> a picture of the world :-)

Heh Heh Heh

Nah, just went for the simple approach.  :)  Could have added them, but
didn't want to step on Vince's toes *too much*.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> > Vince.
> >

>         Regards,
>                 Oleg
> Oleg Bartunov, sci.researcher, hostmaster of AstroNet,
> Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University (Russia)
> Internet: oleg@sai.msu.su, http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
> phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

first group; there was less competition there."  - Indira Gandhi

Re: [GENERAL] New PostgreSQL Website : advocacy.postgresql.org

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Justin Clift wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Oleg,
> > >
> > > It's supposed to show roughly where everyone is.
> > >
> > > Based mostly on Vince's map from the developer site, but this one is
> > > really easy to update.
> > >
> > > If you're not located on the map correctly (probably hard to tell, but
> > > if you're wrong on Vince's map then you're wrong on this one) it can be
> > > updated pronto.
> >
> > Look for an updated map shortly.  I have everyone's coordinates in and
> > it looks like the tools build ok.  I should have at least a day or two
> > break from the activities in Congress (re. internet broadcasting), so
> > I want to get the new one up asap and before things bust loose again.
>
> Coordinates seems ok (Moscow), I asked if map should present something
> more like old Bruce's map with photos. I'm using Mozilla and see just
> a picture of the world :-)

"old Bruce's map" ???  No idea what you're referring to.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net        56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo
atPop4 Networking     http://www.camping-usa.com      http://www.cloudninegifts.com  http://www.meanstreamradio.com
 http://www.unknown-artists.com

Re: [GENERAL] New PostgreSQL Website : advocacy.postgresql.org

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> > > Look for an updated map shortly.  I have everyone's coordinates in and
> > > it looks like the tools build ok.  I should have at least a day or two
> > > break from the activities in Congress (re. internet broadcasting), so
> > > I want to get the new one up asap and before things bust loose again.
> >
> > Coordinates seems ok (Moscow), I asked if map should present something
> > more like old Bruce's map with photos. I'm using Mozilla and see just
> > a picture of the world :-)
>
> "old Bruce's map" ???  No idea what you're referring to.

I may be wrong with author of the map, but it's there

http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php

> Vince.

Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: [GENERAL] New PostgreSQL Website : advocacy.postgresql.org

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> > > Coordinates seems ok (Moscow), I asked if map should present something
> > > more like old Bruce's map with photos. I'm using Mozilla and see just
> > > a picture of the world :-)
> >
> > "old Bruce's map" ???  No idea what you're referring to.
> >

> I may be wrong with author of the map, but it's there
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php

Jan's map.