Обсуждение: reminder for those working on docs

reminder for those working on docs

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
Since 7.4 is getting real close and docs are going to be going through
their final once-overs.  Please remember to have a look at the DocNote
comments that have been submitted.  Once 7.4 is released the current
notes will be gone.

    http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/checknotes.php

The above url will show the notes and what they're in relation to with
a link to that particular piece of documentation.

Vince.
      http://www.camping-usa.com      http://www.cloudninegifts.com
   http://www.meanstreamradio.com       http://www.unknown-artists.com

Re: reminder for those working on docs

Дата:
Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> writes:
> Since 7.3 is getting real close and docs are going to be going through
> their final once-overs.  Please remember to have a look at the DocNote
> comments that have been submitted.  Once 7.3 is released the current
> notes will be gone.
>     http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/checknotes.php
> The above url will show the notes and what they're in relation to with
> a link to that particular piece of documentation.

I've gone through this, and found only a couple of things that seemed
worth migrating into the 7.3 docs.  Perhaps I just have a low tolerance
for silliness tonight, but it seemed like the average quality of the
comments was a lot lower than in previous release cycles :-(

            regards, tom lane

Re: reminder for those working on docs

От
Bruce Momjian
Tom Lane wrote:
> Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> writes:
> > Since 7.3 is getting real close and docs are going to be going through
> > their final once-overs.  Please remember to have a look at the DocNote
> > comments that have been submitted.  Once 7.3 is released the current
> > notes will be gone.
> >     http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/checknotes.php
> > The above url will show the notes and what they're in relation to with
> > a link to that particular piece of documentation.
>
> I've gone through this, and found only a couple of things that seemed
> worth migrating into the 7.3 docs.  Perhaps I just have a low tolerance
> for silliness tonight, but it seemed like the average quality of the
> comments was a lot lower than in previous release cycles :-(

It is possible our docs are getting clearer and there is less fiddling
to do.

Re: reminder for those working on docs

Дата:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I've gone through this, and found only a couple of things that seemed
>> worth migrating into the 7.3 docs.  Perhaps I just have a low tolerance
>> for silliness tonight, but it seemed like the average quality of the
>> comments was a lot lower than in previous release cycles :-(

> It is possible our docs are getting clearer and there is less fiddling
> to do.

Or I'm just being a jerk tonight.  Anyone else care to make a pass
through the comments?  It seemed like an awful lot of the stuff that
was credible at all was "point <foo> should be mentioned over here in
part <bar>", which I mostly didn't agree with, but maybe someone else
would see it differently.

            regards, tom lane