Обсуждение: string freeze

string freeze

От
Dennis Björklund
Дата:
Is there a planned string freeze for postgresql?

There was a (good) change some weeks ago that altered lots of witespace.
Remember that it's enough to change a single space to make that
translation of that string not work. To do "psql --help" and get half the
entries in swedish and half in english would be ugly. I sent an update a
couple of days ago that fixes the swedish translation. I'm not sure about
the status of the other languages. Now I'm just planning for the release
and to prevent us from getting into a situation where strings are altered
the day before the release or something.

There have been a lot work with the translations and would be nice if it
works in the release.

--
/Dennis

Re: string freeze

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Dennis Bj�rklund wrote:
> Is there a planned string freeze for postgresql?
>
> There was a (good) change some weeks ago that altered lots of witespace.
> Remember that it's enough to change a single space to make that
> translation of that string not work. To do "psql --help" and get half the
> entries in swedish and half in english would be ugly. I sent an update a
> couple of days ago that fixes the swedish translation. I'm not sure about
> the status of the other languages. Now I'm just planning for the release
> and to prevent us from getting into a situation where strings are altered
> the day before the release or something.
>
> There have been a lot work with the translations and would be nice if it
> works in the release.

This is a good question.  We only added translations in 7.2 so we are
still learning how to get those languages updated.  There should be
_very_ few changes from now until 7.3 final.  We need to keep in mind
that changes affect the translators.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: string freeze

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Dennis Björklund writes:

> Is there a planned string freeze for postgresql?

Let's say right now. ;-)

Seriously, beta 3 was the last beta (one hopes), so this is a good time.
If there are more changes required due to code fixes, I'll make sure
everyone is notified.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net