Обсуждение: AclId is defined in the wrong place

AclId is defined in the wrong place

Дата:
I'd like to move the typedef for AclId out of miscadmin.h, where it was
originally placed, and into postgres.h or c.h where most other fundamental
typedefs appear.  As is, we've got a problem with miscadmin.h having
to be included into many header files where it doesn't belong, and that
problem is going to get worse.

Any objection?
        regards, tom lane

Re: AclId is defined in the wrong place

От
Bruce Momjian
Tom Lane wrote:
> I'd like to move the typedef for AclId out of miscadmin.h, where it was
> originally placed, and into postgres.h or c.h where most other fundamental
> typedefs appear.  As is, we've got a problem with miscadmin.h having
> to be included into many header files where it doesn't belong, and that
> problem is going to get worse.
>
> Any objection?

No problem, go ahead.  I put it there only because I needed it for some
of the prototypes, and I didn't want to be so bold as to move it even
farther up into the include system, but if you like it there, that is
fine.  I did quite a bit of wholesale AclId mapping so you may want to
look at the patch to see where I had to add miscadmin.h.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: AclId is defined in the wrong place

Дата:
> No problem, go ahead.  I put it there only because I needed it for some
> of the prototypes, and I didn't want to be so bold as to move it even
> farther up into the include system,

Properly so --- but if the consequence is to have to include miscadmin.h
into other header files, then really you're polluting namespace more
rather than less, because of the other baggage carried along by
miscadmin.h.
        regards, tom lane