Обсуждение: urgent: db corruption - invalid TIDs?

urgent: db corruption - invalid TIDs?

От
"Ned Lilly"
Дата:
Has anyone seen this behavior?  It's corrupted a production database.

ERROR:  heap_mark4update: (am)invalid tid
WARNING:  Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function issuewomaterial
WARNING:  line 40 at SQL statement

Re: urgent: db corruption - invalid TIDs?

От
"Ned Lilly"
Дата:
ps - this is on 7.3.1.  It never happened on 7.2.3...

Has anyone seen this behavior?  It's corrupted a production database.

ERROR:  heap_mark4update: (am)invalid tid
WARNING:  Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function issuewomaterial
WARNING:  line 40 at SQL statement

Re: urgent: db corruption - invalid TIDs?

От
Justin Clift
Ned Lilly wrote:
> Has anyone seen this behavior?  It's corrupted a production database.

Hi Ned,

Just as information filler, which version of PostgreSQL, and which
operating system?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> ERROR:  heap_mark4update: (am)invalid tid
> WARNING:  Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function issuewomaterial
> WARNING:  line 40 at SQL statement

- Indira Gandhi

Re: urgent: db corruption - invalid TIDs?

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
I don't know if this is terribly helpful, but the message was around in
7.2.x, look at src/backend/access/heap/heapam.c around line 1808 (or
1823 in the 7.3.x code)

That said, I've not seen it before, perhaps you can expand upon what
your function is doing?

Robert Treat

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 11:06, Ned Lilly wrote:
> ps - this is on 7.3.1.  It never happened on 7.2.3...

Дата:
We've done a bit more digging, and think we understand the problem.  Looks like 7.3.1 is just now taking advantage of a
performanceflag that has been ignored up to now.  The error message is a bit unclear.

When we close this out internally, we'll document our findings to the list.  So, in short, "never mind."

Thanks,
NL