Обсуждение: ecpg vs. libpq

ecpg vs. libpq

От
Christoph Haller
Дата:
I am wondering if there is any difference in performance between
using ecpg and libpq. If I understand the concept of ecpg correctly,
calls to the lecpg interface are internally converted to calls to libpq.

So there is no big difference at all. Is this right?

Regards, Christoph

Re: ecpg vs. libpq

От
"Shridhar Daithankar"
Дата:
On 21 Feb 2003 at 11:26, Christoph Haller wrote:

> I am wondering if there is any difference in performance between
> using ecpg and libpq. If I understand the concept of ecpg correctly,
> calls to the lecpg interface are internally converted to calls to libpq.
>
> So there is no big difference at all. Is this right?

That is correct but there are some other differences.

1. Obviously ecpg is simpler to use.
2. libpq is almost thread safe. ecpg is not. It is work in progress.
3. ecpg can not be C++ in itself, libpq can be.

Just about it..

ByeShridhar

--
Drew's Law of Highway Biology:    The first bug to hit a clean windshield lands
directly in front    of your eyes.

Re: ecpg vs. libpq

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 11:26:02AM +0100, Christoph Haller wrote:
> I am wondering if there is any difference in performance between
> using ecpg and libpq. If I understand the concept of ecpg correctly,
> calls to the lecpg interface are internally converted to calls to libpq.

That's correct. There shouldn't be much of a performance penalty.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De