Обсуждение: quick question

quick question

От
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Дата:
Hi Guys,

Were the pgattribute.attstorage and pg_type.typstorage fields available in
7.1?

Also, if they existed in 7.2, but the ALTER TABLE/SET STORAGE command didn't
exist, should I still dump it if they are dumping a 7.2 database?

Chris

Re: quick question

Дата:
> Were the pgattribute.attstorage and pg_type.typstorage fields available in
> 7.1?

Yes, but typstorage did not appear in 7.0, which you're also supposed to
think about if you're hacking pg_dump.  (AFAICT attstorage was always
'p' in 7.0.)

> Also, if they existed in 7.2, but the ALTER TABLE/SET STORAGE command didn't
> exist, should I still dump it if they are dumping a 7.2 database?

Sure.  Dump something if attstorage != typstorage of relevant pg_type
entry.  Version needn't enter into it, I think.
        regards, tom lane