Обсуждение: OSDL DBT-2 for PostgreSQL

OSDL DBT-2 for PostgreSQL

От
markw@osdl.org
Дата:
Hi everyone,

I've just got our DBT-2 workload (TPC-C derivate) working with
PostgreSQL using C stored functions and libpq.  I'd love to get some
feedback.

v0.10 is available on SourceForge at:
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/osdldbt/dbt2-v0.10.tar.gz?download

We keep the source in BitKeeper at:
    bk://developer.osdl.org/dbt2

For anyone interested in more discussion on our workloads, we have a
mailing list setup at:
    osdldbt-general@lists.sourceforge.net

--
Mark Wong - - markw@osdl.org
Open Source Development Lab Inc - A non-profit corporation

Re: OSDL DBT-2 for PostgreSQL

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Mark,

> I've just got our DBT-2 workload (TPC-C derivate) working with
> PostgreSQL using C stored functions and libpq.  I'd love to get some
> feedback.

I'm confused.   Jenny Zhang just announced OSDL-DBT3 for Postgres; is this a
different test or does one of you have the name wrong?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Re: OSDL DBT-2 for PostgreSQL

От
Mark Wong
Дата:
On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 05:05:18PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Mark,
>
> > I've just got our DBT-2 workload (TPC-C derivate) working with
> > PostgreSQL using C stored functions and libpq.  I'd love to get some
> > feedback.
>
> I'm confused.   Jenny Zhang just announced OSDL-DBT3 for Postgres; is this a
> different test or does one of you have the name wrong?

Yeah, this is a different test.  DBT-3 is based on the TPC-H and DBT-2 is based
on the TPC-C.

Mark

Re: OSDL DBT-2 for PostgreSQL

От
Rod Taylor
Дата:
On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 20:32, Mark Wong wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 05:05:18PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Mark,
> >
> > > I've just got our DBT-2 workload (TPC-C derivate) working with
> > > PostgreSQL using C stored functions and libpq.  I'd love to get some
> > > feedback.
> >
> > I'm confused.   Jenny Zhang just announced OSDL-DBT3 for Postgres; is this a
> > different test or does one of you have the name wrong?
>
> Yeah, this is a different test.  DBT-3 is based on the TPC-H and DBT-2 is based
> on the TPC-C.

Josh, All 3 (DBT-1 is another style of test) should be included into the
benchmark kit.  It should be noted that the DBT tests are fairly linux
specific at the moment, though that doesn't take much to change. OSDL
has been happy to take portability patches.