Обсуждение: configure error in HP-UX 11.00

configure error in HP-UX 11.00

От
Weiping He
Дата:
When trying to build the CVS source on a HP-UX 11.00 box:
HP-UX hpux B.11.00 A 9000/800
We got the configure error:

<error>
checking types of arguments for accept()... configure: error: could not
determine argument types
</error>

Check the config.log, it said that the configure script can't find the
argument types
fo 'accept()'. but in /usr/include/sys/socket.h, there is prototype of
accept:

<codesnip>
#if defined(_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED) && !defined(_KERNEL_BUILD)  extern int accept __((int, struct sockaddr *, socklen_t
*));
#else  /* !_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED*/  extern int accept __((int, void *, int *));
</codesnip>

so what's wrong with the OS?

Thank you

Laser

Re: configure error in HP-UX 11.00

Дата:
Weiping He <laser@zhengmai.com.cn> writes:
> Check the config.log, it said that the configure script can't find the
> argument types
> fo 'accept()'.

Could you show us the relevant section of config.log, instead of giving
a summary with no details?  I'd like to see the compiler error messages
and failed test progams.

> so what's wrong with the OS?

[shrug...]  CVS tip works fine for me on HPUX 10.20.
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:

>Weiping He <laser@zhengmai.com.cn> writes:
>

>>Check the config.log, it said that the configure script can't find the
>>argument types
>>fo 'accept()'.
>>

>Could you show us the relevant section of config.log, instead of giving
>a summary with no details?  I'd like to see the compiler error messages
>and failed test progams.

I've put the config.log on:

http://www.pgsqldb.org/config.log

in case the list filt out my last message with attachement.

Thank you

Laser

Re: configure error in HP-UX 11.00

Дата:
Weiping He <laser@zhengmai.com.cn> writes:
> I've put the config.log on:
> http://www.pgsqldb.org/config.log

configure:10847: cc -Ae -c +O2 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED  conftest.c >&5
(Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -A option is available only with the C/ANSI C product; ignored.

Get a real compiler :-(

The "bundled" cc is a piece of junk that HP ought to be ashamed to ship.
You cannot build Postgres (or much of anything else) with it.  If you
don't want to shell out for HP's real C compiler, install gcc.
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:

>Weiping He <laser@zhengmai.com.cn> writes:
>

>>I've put the config.log on:
>>http://www.pgsqldb.org/config.log
>>

>configure:10847: cc -Ae -c +O2 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED  conftest.c >&5
>(Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -A option is available only with the C/ANSI C product; ignored.
>
>Get a real compiler :-(

got it. done!

Thank you

Laser