Обсуждение: pgsql vc++|win32

pgsql vc++|win32

От
"luke"
Дата:
Hi guys, I'm planning with some friends to develop a
port of pgsql, to native win32 environment using vc++;

We read about MingW choice of official dev team, and we comprise
their worries but we think that best results could be obtained
using some really native win32 libraries (for better or for worse =/)

where can I access latest dev source code and dev docs in the/from CVS ?

Thanks

Regards
Luke

Re: pgsql vc++|win32

От
Darko Prenosil
Дата:
On Monday 08 September 2003 18:15, luke wrote:
> Hi guys, I'm planning with some friends to develop a
> port of pgsql, to native win32 environment using vc++;
>
> We read about MingW choice of official dev team, and we comprise
> their worries but we think that best results could be obtained
> using some really native win32 libraries (for better or for worse =/)
>
> where can I access latest dev source code and dev docs in the/from CVS ?

What makes You think that You can't use "really native win32 libraries" with
MinGW ? MinGW is not cygwin.
However source is under WIN32_DEV branch of CVS. IMHO it would be much better
to join the official team, but nobody is asking me.

Regards !

Re: pgsql vc++|win32

От
"Dann Corbit"
> Hi guys, I'm planning with some friends to develop a
> port of pgsql, to native win32 environment using vc++;
>
> We read about MingW choice of official dev team, and we
> comprise their worries but we think that best results could
> be obtained using some really native win32 libraries (for
> better or for worse =/)

Mingw uses the native Win32 libraries.

Porting from a Mingw port to VC++ will be trivial compared to what we
have now.
> where can I access latest dev source code and dev docs in
> the/from CVS ?

Maybe you want the Win32 page.  There are some links to it in recent
messages here.

Re: pgsql vc++|win32

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Dann Corbit wrote:
> Mingw uses the native Win32 libraries.
>
> Porting from a Mingw port to VC++ will be trivial compared to what we
> have now.
>
> > where can I access latest dev source code and dev docs in
> > the/from CVS ?
>
> Maybe you want the Win32 page.  There are some links to it in recent
> messages here.

URL is:
http://momjian.postgresql.org/main/writings/pgsql/win32.html

Pennsylvania19073

Re: pgsql vc++|win32

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Dann Corbit wrote:
> > Mingw uses the native Win32 libraries.
> >
> > Porting from a Mingw port to VC++ will be trivial compared to what we
> > have now.
> >
> > > where can I access latest dev source code and dev docs in
> > > the/from CVS ?
> >
> > Maybe you want the Win32 page.  There are some links to it in recent
> > messages here.
>
> URL is:
>
>     http://momjian.postgresql.org/main/writings/pgsql/win32.html

Just a reminder to everyone looking at porting that you wanna check the
licensing from the software from MS you might be linking in.