Обсуждение: How to install and unistall

How to install and unistall

От
Nico King
Дата:
I've notice when trying to uninstall by using the
command
"gmake uninstall", I still could access my database,
and also all my directories of postgresql and bin
files are still there!
I am not sure if I should first drop my database, but
even when I did this all my postgres directoires
remain there.
Any suggestions??

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: How to install and unistall

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Nico King writes:

> I've notice when trying to uninstall by using the
> command
> "gmake uninstall", I still could access my database,

It only removes the files, it does not stop the server.

> and also all my directories of postgresql and bin
> files are still there!

It only removes files, not directories.

> I am not sure if I should first drop my database, but
> even when I did this all my postgres directoires
> remain there.

Stop your server, remove the data directory, and make uninstall.  That you
get you rid of most things.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net