Обсуждение: Open 7.4 items

Open 7.4 items

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
P O S T G R E S Q L
                         7 . 4  O P E N    I T E M S

Current at ftp://momjian.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/open_items.

Changes
-------
Fix REVOKE ALL ON FUNCTION error when removing owner permissions
Fix plpgsql handling of boolean tests on non-booleans
Have PQrequestCancel() wait for postmaster to drop connection
Allow SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION to update the psql %n user display
Improve speed of building of constraints during restore

Documentation Changes
---------------------
Complete release notes

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Open 7.4 items

Дата:
> Current at ftp://momjian.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/open_items.

A couple things you don't have there:

* Tuple visibility rules for triggers and rules fired by RI actions

(I'm now of the opinion that the visibility patch I put in a few days
ago is wrong, or at least incomplete, and perhaps should be reversed
out.  I'm not sure that we have agreed what to do instead, though.)

* What to do about exposing the list of possible SQLSTATE error codes

This is mostly a documentation issue not a code issue.  Do we want to
insert errcodes.h into the SGML docs in some form?  Do we want to add it
to the set of standardly installed header files?
        regards, tom lane

Re: Open 7.4 items

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Both added.  Thanks.

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Current at ftp://momjian.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/open_items.
>
> A couple things you don't have there:
>
> * Tuple visibility rules for triggers and rules fired by RI actions
>
> (I'm now of the opinion that the visibility patch I put in a few days
> ago is wrong, or at least incomplete, and perhaps should be reversed
> out.  I'm not sure that we have agreed what to do instead, though.)
>
> * What to do about exposing the list of possible SQLSTATE error codes
>
> This is mostly a documentation issue not a code issue.  Do we want to
> insert errcodes.h into the SGML docs in some form?  Do we want to add it
> to the set of standardly installed header files?
>
>             regards, tom lane

Pennsylvania19073