Обсуждение: Project status pages

Project status pages

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
I have put up a list of projects being worked on and their TODO lists in
hope that people will find it easier to work on them:
http://momjian.postgresql.org/main/writings/pgsql/project

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Project status pages

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
Wasn't there a patch posted many months ago for PITR. IIRC it wasn't
complete, but would be a good starting point for those interested in
helping out. If it's in the archives it would be nice to add a link to
it on the project page... which brings up the question on whats the
process for updating these pages?  Perhaps they should be moved into the
wiki framework up on techdocs?

Robert Treat

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 21:37, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have put up a list of projects being worked on and their TODO lists in
> hope that people will find it easier to work on them:
>
>     http://momjian.postgresql.org/main/writings/pgsql/project
>
> --

Re: Project status pages

От
Shridhar Daithankar
Дата:
On Thursday 18 December 2003 20:16, Robert Treat wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 21:37, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I have put up a list of projects being worked on and their TODO lists in
> > hope that people will find it easier to work on them:
> >
> >     http://momjian.postgresql.org/main/writings/pgsql/project

Browsing that page I noticed tablespaces item. I have this file we have
prepared long time back. I think it deserves a mention on that page.

May be I should edit it to completion and then send. But this is for review
for others so that any bugs are ironed out..
Shridhar

Re: Project status pages

Дата:
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> Wasn't there a patch posted many months ago for PITR.

I have the latest version of what J.R. and Patrick were working on, and
plan to review and apply it in the next couple weeks.  However, my
understanding is that it's just some necessary infrastructure
(improvement of the WAL file format) and doesn't make any real progress
in terms of creating user-accessible functionality.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Project status pages

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Robert Treat wrote:
> Wasn't there a patch posted many months ago for PITR. IIRC it wasn't
> complete, but would be a good starting point for those interested in
> helping out. If it's in the archives it would be nice to add a link to
> it on the project page... which brings up the question on whats the
> process for updating these pages?  Perhaps they should be moved into the
> wiki framework up on techdocs?

They are just web pages.  If someone want to set up wiki and pull the
content, I can remove my versions.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Project status pages

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Robert Treat wrote:
> > Wasn't there a patch posted many months ago for PITR. IIRC it wasn't
> > complete, but would be a good starting point for those interested in
> > helping out. If it's in the archives it would be nice to add a link to
> > it on the project page... which brings up the question on whats the
> > process for updating these pages?  Perhaps they should be moved into the
> > wiki framework up on techdocs?
>
> They are just web pages.  If someone want to set up wiki and pull the
> content, I can remove my versions.

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides is an open wiki instance, you could
just put it there.  I've edited a couple of pages there.  Nothing fancy,
but it is pretty easy to edit.  You don't (or didn't have to until
recently if it's changed) have to register to use it.

Re: Project status pages

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
scott.marlowe wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Robert Treat wrote:
> > > Wasn't there a patch posted many months ago for PITR. IIRC it wasn't
> > > complete, but would be a good starting point for those interested in
> > > helping out. If it's in the archives it would be nice to add a link to
> > > it on the project page... which brings up the question on whats the
> > > process for updating these pages?  Perhaps they should be moved into the
> > > wiki framework up on techdocs?
> >
> > They are just web pages.  If someone want to set up wiki and pull the
> > content, I can remove my versions.
>
> http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides is an open wiki instance, you could
> just put it there.  I've edited a couple of pages there.  Nothing fancy,
> but it is pretty easy to edit.  You don't (or didn't have to until
> recently if it's changed) have to register to use it.

I think it is just easier for me to edit the HTML.

Pennsylvania19073