Обсуждение: Heads up: 7.3.6 and 7.4.2 coming soon

Heads up: 7.3.6 and 7.4.2 coming soon

Дата:
The core committee has agreed that it's about time to put out new
dot-releases in both the 7.3 and 7.4 branches.  (The main thing forcing
this is the realization that permissions checks on view updates were
pretty badly broken by the now-reverted patch of 13-Feb-03 --- this
could be labeled a security issue.)

We have not chosen an exact date yet, but we are thinking of 7.3.6 late
this week or early next week, and 7.4.2 a week later.

So, if you've got any fixes you wanted to get into those branches,
time to get on it.  I know that I discouraged a couple of people from
back-patching into 7.3.* on the grounds that "there probably won't be
another 7.3 release" ... well, I was wrong, so do it if you want.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Heads up: 7.3.6 and 7.4.2 coming soon

От
Gaetano Mendola
Tom Lane wrote:

> The core committee has agreed that it's about time to put out new
> dot-releases in both the 7.3 and 7.4 branches.  (The main thing forcing
> this is the realization that permissions checks on view updates were
> pretty badly broken by the now-reverted patch of 13-Feb-03 --- this
> could be labeled a security issue.)
>
> We have not chosen an exact date yet, but we are thinking of 7.3.6 late
> this week or early next week, and 7.4.2 a week later.
>
> So, if you've got any fixes you wanted to get into those branches,
> time to get on it.  I know that I discouraged a couple of people from
> back-patching into 7.3.* on the grounds that "there probably won't be
> another 7.3 release" ... well, I was wrong, so do it if you want.

Do you think that we'll have too a RPM binary distribution for the 7.3.6
( the 7.3.5 don't have it yet ) ?

We are stick on the 7.3.4 just because the guys on the operational side
install only precompiled pachage :-(

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

Re: Heads up: 7.3.6 and 7.4.2 coming soon

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Sunday 22 February 2004 05:57 pm, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> Do you think that we'll have too a RPM binary distribution for the 7.3.6
> ( the 7.3.5 don't have it yet ) ?

Yes.  I apologize for the lag; my wife miscarried and that has thrown my free
time for a loop as I help her and my other four children through this
difficult time.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology

Re: Heads up: 7.3.6 and 7.4.2 coming soon

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> So, if you've got any fixes you wanted to get into those branches,
> time to get on it.

I just wanted to note that IMHO a fix for the PL/PgSQL crash in
7.4.1 and HEAD (not sure about 7.3.x) that Chris Campbell recently
reported should definitely be included in 7.4.2. If the bug is present
in 7.3.x, it might also be worth backpatching.

I'm happy to review & apply the patch Chris C. included with his bug
report, but due to a lack of free time I won't be able to get around
to it before Friday -- if you or anyone else wants to get it done
before then you're more than welcome to.

Cheers,

Neil

Re: Heads up: 7.3.6 and 7.4.2 coming soon

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Neil Conway wrote:

> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> > So, if you've got any fixes you wanted to get into those branches,
> > time to get on it.
>
> I just wanted to note that IMHO a fix for the PL/PgSQL crash in
> 7.4.1 and HEAD (not sure about 7.3.x) that Chris Campbell recently
> reported should definitely be included in 7.4.2. If the bug is present
> in 7.3.x, it might also be worth backpatching.
>
> I'm happy to review & apply the patch Chris C. included with his bug
> report, but due to a lack of free time I won't be able to get around
> to it before Friday -- if you or anyone else wants to get it done
> before then you're more than welcome to.

We're looking at a 7.3 for next Monday, so if you can do it over the
weekend, that would be great ...

----