Обсуждение: CVS HEAD: "make install" broken for vpath

CVS HEAD: "make install" broken for vpath

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
With current sources, it appears that vpath builds (i.e. separate source
and build trees) are broken. "make" succeeds, but "make install" produces:

[neilc:/Users/neilc/build-pgsql]% make install
make -C doc install
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `install'.
make -C src install
make -C port install
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install'.
make -C timezone install
make -C ../../src/port all
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
./zic -d /Users/neilc/local/pgsql-cvs/share/timezone data/africa
data/antarctica data/asia data/australasia data/europe data/northamerica
data/southamerica data/pacificnew data/etcetera data/factory
data/backward data/systemv data/solar87 data/solar88 data/solar89
./zic: Can't open data/africa: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
make: *** [install] Error 2

-Neil

Re: CVS HEAD: "make install" broken for vpath

Дата:
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> With current sources, it appears that vpath builds (i.e. separate source
> and build trees) are broken. "make" succeeds, but "make install" produces:

I can't take the time right now to test it, but try changing
TZDATAFILES := $(TZDATA:%=data/%)
TZDATAFILES := $(TZDATA:%=$(srcdir)/data/%)
in src/timezone/Makefile.
        regards, tom lane