Обсуждение: Another locale test program

Another locale test program

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Regarding the encoding/locale matching issue, here's another test
routine I would like you to run if you want to see your operating
system supported.  It reflects more accurately the actual
implementation I'm working on.

Compile the attached test program and then run

for x in `locale -a`; do LC_ALL=$x ./test; done | sort -u

If you don't have a locale command, maybe something like this will work:

for x in `ls /usr/share/locale`; do LC_ALL=`basename $x` ./test; done |
sort -u

I already have Linux and FreeBSD covered.  Thanks.

(If the program doesn't compile or misbehaves, that would be useful
information as well.)

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Another locale test program

Дата:
> Regarding the encoding/locale matching issue, here's another test
> routine I would like you to run if you want to see your operating
> system supported.

Oh, disregard previous complaint then...

On HPUX 10.20 I get
--snip--
SJIS
arabic8
big5
ccdc
eucJP
eucKR
eucTW
greek8
hebrew8
hp15CN
iso88591
iso885915
iso88592
iso88595
iso88596
iso88597
iso88598
iso88599
kana8
roman8
tis620
turkish8
utf8
--snip--

On Mac OS X 10.3.4, there doesn't seem to be a "locale" program.
Using the ls /usr/share/locale technique, I get
--snip--

Big5
CP1251
CP866
ISCII-DEV
ISO8859-1
ISO8859-13
ISO8859-15
ISO8859-2
ISO8859-4
ISO8859-5
ISO8859-7
ISO8859-9
KOI8-R
KOI8-U
SJIS
US-ASCII
UTF-8
eucCN
eucJP
eucKR
--snip--

Note the blank line in there!  It appears that the CODESET routine is
simply emitting the last part of the locale name, as the output works
out like this:

locale            CODESET

de_AT
de_AT.ISO8859-1        ISO8859-1
de_AT.ISO8859-15    ISO8859-15
de_AT.UTF-8        UTF-8
de_CH

In short it looks like this is going to be a bit limited on OSX :-(
        regards, tom lane

Re: Another locale test program

От
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Дата:
Hi Peter,

> Compile the attached test program and then run

It doesn't even compile in a OpenBSD box. The langinfo.h doesn't have 'CODESET' symbol.

> for x in `locale -a`; do LC_ALL=$x ./test; done | sort -u

OpenBSD doesn't support locale at all (correct me if I'm wrong).

> If you don't have a locale command, maybe something like this will work:
>
> for x in `ls /usr/share/locale`; do LC_ALL=`basename $x` ./test; done |
> sort -u

We do have nothing in /usr/share/locale

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira