Обсуждение: initdb failure on win32

initdb failure on win32

От
Thomas Hallgren
Дата:
I'm trying to run initdb on win32, freshly compiled from CVS HEAD, but I
get the following error:

creating template1 database in data/base/1 ... failed to get token
information: 122

Any ideas?

Regards,

Thomas Hallgren

Re: initdb failure on win32

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
Yes, one :-)

Is your account by any chance a member of a large number of groups? If
so, how many?

There is a fixed buffer of 1024 bytes. I have a feeling ythat one has to
be changed to dynamic.

//Magnus

Re: initdb failure on win32

От
Thomas Hallgren
Дата:
Magnus,

> There is a fixed buffer of 1024 bytes. I have a feeling ythat one has to
> be changed to dynamic.

You're quite right. The 'InfoBufferSize' denotes 1122 bytes after this call.

if(!GetTokenInformation(AccessToken,TokenGroups,InfoBuffer,1024,&InfoBufferSize))

Regards,

Thomas Hallgren

Re: initdb failure on win32

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> > There is a fixed buffer of 1024 bytes. I have a feeling
> ythat one has
> > to be changed to dynamic.
> >
> You're quite right. The 'InfoBufferSize' denotes 1122 bytes
> after this call.
>
> if(!GetTokenInformation(AccessToken,TokenGroups,InfoBuffer,102
> 4,&InfoBufferSize))

Ah.
Your stop-gap fix is to double the size of the buffer.

I'll try to get a patch in for dynamic buffer handling in the next
couple of days as the real fix.

Just to be sure: Bruce, open item please for "Use dynamic buffer for
token buffer in win32 admin check"

//Magnus

Re: initdb failure on win32

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > > There is a fixed buffer of 1024 bytes. I have a feeling
> > ythat one has
> > > to be changed to dynamic.
> > >
> > You're quite right. The 'InfoBufferSize' denotes 1122 bytes
> > after this call.
> >
> > if(!GetTokenInformation(AccessToken,TokenGroups,InfoBuffer,102
> > 4,&InfoBufferSize))
>
> Ah.
> Your stop-gap fix is to double the size of the buffer.
>
> I'll try to get a patch in for dynamic buffer handling in the next
> couple of days as the real fix.
>
> Just to be sure: Bruce, open item please for "Use dynamic buffer for
> token buffer in win32 admin check"

OK, text updated.

Pennsylvania19073