Обсуждение: FYI: 8.0beta2 on Monday

FYI: 8.0beta2 on Monday

Дата:
Just so you know --- core has agreed that it's about time for beta2.
If you've got any "must fix" issues, please get 'em in over the weekend.
        regards, tom lane

Re: FYI: 8.0beta2 on Monday

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
>Just so you know --- core has agreed that it's about time for beta2.
>If you've got any "must fix" issues, please get 'em in over
>the weekend.

The kill(0) patch from Dave for win32 is much needed (assuming it fixes
the issue. Unfortunatly Ive been swamped the past couple of weeks and
not able to do much pg). I don't see it on the unapplied patches list,
but it's a trivial patch so it shouldn't be a problem.

I would have liked to get the localized-windows-timezone issue done by
beta2, but I won't have the time. I'll get to it as soon as I can
though, and hope it'll be in beta3.

(And no, I don't have anything else to add re: win32 version stamps. I
have received no further feedback on the latest patch I posted, so I'm
not sure if I'm expected to do anything else. It's not time-critical for
inclusion in the beta, though)

//Magnus

Re: FYI: 8.0beta2 on Monday

Дата:
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
> The kill(0) patch from Dave for win32 is much needed (assuming it fixes
> the issue. Unfortunatly Ive been swamped the past couple of weeks and
> not able to do much pg). I don't see it on the unapplied patches list,
> but it's a trivial patch so it shouldn't be a problem.

Right, I've just committed that.

> I would have liked to get the localized-windows-timezone issue done by
> beta2, but I won't have the time. I'll get to it as soon as I can
> though, and hope it'll be in beta3.

No problem, that's a localized issue that won't be blocking any other
testing.
        regards, tom lane

Re: FYI: 8.0beta2 on Monday

От
"Dave Page"

> >Just so you know --- core has agreed that it's about time for beta2.
> >If you've got any "must fix" issues, please get 'em in over
> >the weekend.

> The kill(0) patch from Dave for win32 is much needed

The Win32 service patch for contrib/pgautovacuum is also outstanding. Can we get that applied please so I can get it in
theinstaller 'officially'?

Thanks, Dave

Re: FYI: 8.0beta2 on Monday

От
Gaetano Mendola
Дата:

Re: FYI: 8.0beta2 on Monday

От
Philip Warner
Дата:
At 03:25 AM 28/08/2004, Tom Lane wrote:
>If you've got any "must fix" issues, please get 'em in over the weekend.

Is the 'magic_tablespace' variable going to be there?

Fax: (+61) 03 5330 3172          |                 ___________ |
Http://www.rhyme.com.au          |                /           \|                                 |    --________--
PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp.mit.edu:11371       |/

Re: FYI: 8.0beta2 on Monday

Дата:
> At 03:25 AM 28/08/2004, Tom Lane wrote:
>> If you've got any "must fix" issues, please get 'em in over the weekend.

> Is the 'magic_tablespace' variable going to be there?

Likely not :-( ... I've just found about three issues I need to fix,
plus there's the commit-xlog-record-overflow thing ... the pg_dump
business doesn't seem to be blocking other testing so it will have
to wait.
        regards, tom lane

Re: FYI: 8.0beta2 on Monday

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> Philip Warner <pjw@rhyme.com.au> writes:
>> At 03:25 AM 28/08/2004, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> If you've got any "must fix" issues, please get 'em in over the weekend.
>
>> Is the 'magic_tablespace' variable going to be there?
>
> Likely not :-( ... I've just found about three issues I need to fix,
> plus there's the commit-xlog-record-overflow thing ... the pg_dump
> business doesn't seem to be blocking other testing so it will have
> to wait.

If you have stuff on your list 'to fix', do you want to put off beta2 a
few extra days, so that its that much cleaner for testers?  Say, put it to
Wednesday so that you aren't sapping your weekend time?

----

Re: FYI: 8.0beta2 on Monday

Дата:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> If you have stuff on your list 'to fix', do you want to put off beta2 a
> few extra days, so that its that much cleaner for testers?  Say, put it to
> Wednesday so that you aren't sapping your weekend time?

[ shrug... ] There will always be stuff on my to-fix list.  I think the
real issue is whether CVS tip is enough better than beta1 that we should
push it out.  Considering the number of duplicate reports of
already-fixed bugs we've seen lately, I think we should go ahead with
replacing beta1.
        regards, tom lane

Re: FYI: 8.0beta2 on Monday

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
>> If you have stuff on your list 'to fix', do you want to put off beta2 a
>> few extra days, so that its that much cleaner for testers?  Say, put it to
>> Wednesday so that you aren't sapping your weekend time?
>
> [ shrug... ] There will always be stuff on my to-fix list.  I think the
> real issue is whether CVS tip is enough better than beta1 that we should
> push it out.  Considering the number of duplicate reports of
> already-fixed bugs we've seen lately, I think we should go ahead with
> replacing beta1.

k, Monday it is

----

Re: FYI: 8.0beta2 on Monday

От
Mike Rylander
Tom Lane wrote:

> Just so you know --- core has agreed that it's about time for beta2.
> If you've got any "must fix" issues, please get 'em in over the weekend.

Will we be looking at a re-initdb with beta2?  I didn't notice any changes
that would force it, but just to be clear...

> regards, tom lane

TIA

--miker

Re: FYI: 8.0beta2 on Monday

Дата:
Mike Rylander <miker@purplefrog.com> writes:
> Will we be looking at a re-initdb with beta2?

At this point, no initdb, but you will need to be prepared to reset the
xlog if you don't want to initdb.  In short:
1. clean shutdown of old postmaster.2. install new executables.3. pg_resetxlog $PGDATA4. start postmaster.

If you try to skip step 3 you will get some truly frightening complaints
about "unable to locate a valid checkpoint", but as long as you didn't
skip step 1 you haven't lost any data.
        regards, tom lane