Обсуждение: Aubit 4GL for postgresql

Aubit 4GL for postgresql

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Hi,

Mike Aubury is considering porting Aubit 4GL
http://www.aubit.com/index.php?page=Products/Aubit4gl   to native
postgresql.

If this is of interest to you please respond. He is trying to measure
the level of interest.

--
Dave Cramer
http://www.postgresintl.com

Re: Aubit 4GL for postgresql

От
Jeff Davis
Дата:
I just finished doing a brief evaluation of informix-4gl. I was going to
do some non-4gl work for a company that uses 4gl extensively, so I just
wanted to get an idea where they were coming from.

I am interested in that PostgreSQL port, but right now it's just
academic.

Regards,Jeff Davis

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 16:48 -0500, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mike Aubury is considering porting Aubit 4GL
> http://www.aubit.com/index.php?page=Products/Aubit4gl   to native
> postgresql.
>
> If this is of interest to you please respond. He is trying to measure
> the level of interest.

Re: Aubit 4GL for postgresql

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Monday 29 November 2004 16:48, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mike Aubury is considering porting Aubit 4GL
> http://www.aubit.com/index.php?page=Products/Aubit4gl   to native
> postgresql.
>
> If this is of interest to you please respond. He is trying to measure
> the level of interest.

An unnamed company I am aquainted with uses Progress and it's 4GL hooks....
it's a piece of crap.  I'd love to see it replaced with a postgresql based
solution, but first we need native windows support (speak of the devil) and
then a mature 4GL interface.  Now I don't expect said company to change any
time soon, however there are some more open minded companies out there
looking to dump Progress, and this would certainly be a bonus for them.

--
Robert Treat