Обсуждение: Syntax of transaction identifiers

Syntax of transaction identifiers

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Why are the transaction identifiers used in the 2PC commands lexical
strings rather than identifiers?  Shouldn't database objects be
identifiers and strings be purely data objects?  Or is there some
standard or precedent on that?

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Syntax of transaction identifiers

Дата:
> Why are the transaction identifiers used in the 2PC commands lexical
> strings rather than identifiers?  Shouldn't database objects be
> identifiers and strings be purely data objects?  Or is there some
> standard or precedent on that?

I proposed the same awhile back, but it was shot down --- there is
a standard out there somewhere, and it requires strings of 150 or so
characters for GIDs, so identifiers don't work.  See the archives.
        regards, tom lane