Обсуждение: Ipv6 and Postgresql 8.0.3

Ipv6 and Postgresql 8.0.3

От
"R, Rajesh (STSD)"
Дата:
PLZ REPLY

Hello there,

I run Postgresql 8.0.3 on Tru64 Unix m/c.

I have included the ipv6 auth. line in my pg_hba.conf file(::1/128) I
keep getting error msgs from postmaster everytime I try to connect.

Going by previous posts on the topic am unable to conclude.
Does this mean pg 8.0.3 doesn't support ipv6 client auth. ??
Or is there a patch somewhere ??
Plz reply.Thanks in advance.

--
Rajesh R

SORRY FOR THE CROSS POST last time.

Re: Ipv6 and Postgresql 8.0.3

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
First, do not name the mailing list in both the To: and Cc: lines -
that's just redundant. Second, this is the wrong list to ask this
question, as you were told last time. Ask on the pgsql-general list.

cheers

andrew

R, Rajesh (STSD) wrote:

>PLZ REPLY
>
>Hello there,
>
>I run Postgresql 8.0.3 on Tru64 Unix m/c.
>
>I have included the ipv6 auth. line in my pg_hba.conf file(::1/128) I
>keep getting error msgs from postmaster everytime I try to connect.
>
>Going by previous posts on the topic am unable to conclude.
>Does this mean pg 8.0.3 doesn't support ipv6 client auth. ??
>Or is there a patch somewhere ??
>Plz reply.Thanks in advance.
>
>--
>Rajesh R
>
>SORRY FOR THE CROSS POST last time.

>TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

Re: Ipv6 and Postgresql 8.0.3

Дата:
> First, do not name the mailing list in both the To: and Cc: lines -
> that's just redundant. Second, this is the wrong list to ask this
> question, as you were told last time. Ask on the pgsql-general list.

And third, show us the darn error messages ... the reason you weren't
answered any of the previous times is that you still haven't offered
enough information to let anyone help you.
        regards, tom lane