Обсуждение: status of concurrent VACUUM patch ...

status of concurrent VACUUM patch ...

От
Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Дата:
i was just wondering about the status of hannu's concurrent vacuum patch.
are there any plans to integrate this or are there still improvements
which have to be made?
    many thanks,
      hans-juergen schoenig

Re: status of concurrent VACUUM patch ...

Дата:
Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres@cybertec.at> writes:
> i was just wondering about the status of hannu's concurrent vacuum patch.
> are there any plans to integrate this

I still don't trust it (assuming that you're thinking of the same patch
I am).
        regards, tom lane

Re: status of concurrent VACUUM patch ...

От
Hannu Krosing
Дата:
Ühel kenal päeval, T, 2005-12-20 kell 17:18, kirjutas Tom Lane:
> Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres@cybertec.at> writes:
> > i was just wondering about the status of hannu's concurrent vacuum patch.
> > are there any plans to integrate this
>
> I still don't trust it (assuming that you're thinking of the same patch
> I am).

What could I do to increase your trust in it ?

Could you think of any specific case it could break ? Or any specific
tests to check for it ?

I attach the version of the patch for 8.1.0 for anyone interested in
checking it.

--------------
Hannu

Re: status of concurrent VACUUM patch ...

От
Hannu Krosing
Дата:
Ühel kenal päeval, K, 2005-12-21 kell 09:50, kirjutas Hannu Krosing:
> Ühel kenal päeval, T, 2005-12-20 kell 17:18, kirjutas Tom Lane:
> > =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hans-J=FCrgen_Sch=F6nig?= <postgres@cybertec.at> writes:
> > > i was just wondering about the status of hannu's concurrent vacuum patch.
> > > are there any plans to integrate this
> >
> > I still don't trust it (assuming that you're thinking of the same patch
> > I am).
>
> What could I do to increase your trust in it ?
>
> Could you think of any specific case it could break ? Or any specific
> tests to check for it ?
>
> I attach the version of the patch for 8.1.0 for anyone interested in
> checking it.

It was pointed out to me that I did'nt.

So here it is:

Hannu