Обсуждение: replicating tsearch2 across versions of postgres

replicating tsearch2 across versions of postgres

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
I am getting the following error(s) when replicating tsearch2 from v 7.4.x to v 8.1.0

remoteWorkerThread_1: copy from stdin on local node - PGRES_FATAL_ERROR ERROR:  function "spell_init(text)" does not exist@4000000043a9708d21558414 CONTEXT:  COPY pg_ts_dict, line 1, column dict_init: "spell_init(text)"

the problem is that the function signatures have changed

spell_init(text) is now spell_init(internal) so the function can't be found on the destination node.

My solution is to not replicate the internal tsearch2 tables. Is this going to be problematic ?

Is it possible to add the old signatures back for backward compatibility ? Something like a tsearch2-compat lib ?

Dave

Re: replicating tsearch2 across versions of postgres

Дата:
Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> writes:
> Is it possible to add the old signatures back for backward
> compatibility ? Something like a tsearch2-compat lib ?

The old signatures were security holes.  We are not going to put them
back.  I would suggest changing the functions on the 7.4 machine to the
new signatures --- see the 7.4.8 release notes.
        regards, tom lane

Re: replicating tsearch2 across versions of postgres

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Thanks, that might be easier than first thought.

Dave
On 21-Dec-05, at 2:04 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> writes:
>> Is it possible to add the old signatures back for backward
>> compatibility ? Something like a tsearch2-compat lib ?
>
> The old signatures were security holes.  We are not going to put them
> back.  I would suggest changing the functions on the 7.4 machine to
> the
> new signatures --- see the 7.4.8 release notes.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Re: replicating tsearch2 across versions of postgres

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Is it possible to just not replicate the internal tsearch tables ?

Dave