Обсуждение: Re: [GENERAL] Querying libpq compile time options

Re: [GENERAL] Querying libpq compile time options

От
"Larry Rosenman"
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Larry Rosenman wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>> No idea, what is the URL of your proposal.  Keep in mind this is not
>>> option-specific.
>>
>> I had made a proposal to expose the path used for pg_service.conf.
>
> Why would an application programmer care to know the location of
> pg_service.conf?

The admin needs to know it to use it.  Currently there is no
way to get what is compiled into a specific libpq.

>> Would it be better to make a structure that has ALL the options, and
>> return that from ONE function?
>
> I can't think of an easy way to do that.

I guess I'll just crawl under my rock again.

--
Larry Rosenman
Database Support Engineer

PERVASIVE SOFTWARE. INC.
12365B RIATA TRACE PKWY
3015
AUSTIN TX  78727-6531

Tel: 512.231.6173
Fax: 512.231.6597
Email: Larry.Rosenman@pervasive.com
Web: www.pervasive.com

Re: [GENERAL] Querying libpq compile time options

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Larry Rosenman wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Larry Rosenman wrote:

> >> I had made a proposal to expose the path used for pg_service.conf.
> >
> > Why would an application programmer care to know the location of
> > pg_service.conf?
>
> The admin needs to know it to use it.  Currently there is no
> way to get what is compiled into a specific libpq.

Uh, it is an _admin_ function, not an application programmer function.

--  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com