Обсуждение: TODO: Mark change-on-restart-only values in postgresql.conf

TODO: Mark change-on-restart-only values in postgresql.conf

От
Zdenek Kotala
Дата:
I would like to implement "Mark change-on-restart-only values in
postgresql.conf" item. Anybody works on this? Does it mean add extra
comment to postgresql.conf for variable which has PG_POSTMASTER context?

Zdenek

Re: TODO: Mark change-on-restart-only values in postgresql.conf

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Zdenek,

> I would like to implement "Mark change-on-restart-only values in
> postgresql.conf" item. Anybody works on this? Does it mean add extra
> comment to postgresql.conf for variable which has PG_POSTMASTER context?

Somehow I thought you'd already submitted a patch?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: TODO: Mark change-on-restart-only values in

От
Zdenek Kotala
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Zdenek,
>
>> I would like to implement "Mark change-on-restart-only values in
>> postgresql.conf" item. Anybody works on this? Does it mean add extra
>> comment to postgresql.conf for variable which has PG_POSTMASTER context?
>
> Somehow I thought you'd already submitted a patch?

I sent patch for relatively related problem when somebody commenting out
item in the configuration file. This item is look like easy, but I
surprise that this item does not have % prefix. The question is if it is
only about adding extra comments to postgresql.conf file.
     Zdenek

Re: TODO: Mark change-on-restart-only values in

От
Jim Nasby
Дата:
On Jul 17, 2006, at 2:48 PM, Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Zdenek,
>>> I would like to implement "Mark change-on-restart-only values in
>>> postgresql.conf" item. Anybody works on this? Does it mean add extra
>>> comment to postgresql.conf for variable which has PG_POSTMASTER
>>> context?
>> Somehow I thought you'd already submitted a patch?
> I sent patch for relatively related problem when somebody
> commenting out item in the configuration file. This item is look
> like easy, but I surprise that this item does not have % prefix.
> The question is if it is only about adding extra comments to
> postgresql.conf file.

If memory serves, we also wanted to have the postmaster log a warning
if it reloaded postgresql.conf and found values that had changed but
wouldn't take effect until restart. So presumably the postmaster
would have to keep an in-memory copy of the parsed postgresql.conf
and compare that with the parsed copy it gets after reloading
postgresql.conf.

Re: TODO: Mark change-on-restart-only values in

От
Peter Eisentraut
Jim Nasby wrote:
> If memory serves, we also wanted to have the postmaster log a warning
> if it reloaded postgresql.conf and found values that had changed but
> wouldn't take effect until restart.

It already does that.

--
Peter Eisentraut