Обсуждение: Is this TODO item done?

Is this TODO item done?

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Is this TODO item done?
* Allow index scans to return matching index keys  http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-03/msg01079.php

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: Is this TODO item done?

Дата:
> Is this TODO item done?
>     * Allow index scans to return matching index keys
>       http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-03/msg01079.php

We've done as much as we want to do of what that message suggests,
but it seems to have approximately zip to do with the actual description
of the TODO ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: Is this TODO item done?

От
Bruce Momjian
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Is this TODO item done?
> >     * Allow index scans to return matching index keys
>
> >       http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-03/msg01079.php
>
> We've done as much as we want to do of what that message suggests,
> but it seems to have approximately zip to do with the actual description
> of the TODO ...

Yea, I was pretty unclear exactly what the email was saying.  I will
remove it.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: Is this TODO item done?

Дата:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
> Is this TODO item done?
>>> * Allow index scans to return matching index keys
>>>
>>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-03/msg01079.php
>>
>> We've done as much as we want to do of what that message suggests,
>> but it seems to have approximately zip to do with the actual description
>> of the TODO ...

> Yea, I was pretty unclear exactly what the email was saying.  I will
> remove it.

You seem to have removed the whole TODO item. which is certainly
wrong.  I was merely pointing out that that message didn't belong
under that TODO item.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Is this TODO item done?

От
Bruce Momjian
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
> > Is this TODO item done?

> >> We've done as much as we want to do of what that message suggests,
> >> but it seems to have approximately zip to do with the actual description
> >> of the TODO ...
>
> > Yea, I was pretty unclear exactly what the email was saying.  I will
> > remove it.
>
> You seem to have removed the whole TODO item. which is certainly
> wrong.  I was merely pointing out that that message didn't belong
> under that TODO item.

Ah, OK, exactly what should the TODO item text be?  Can you modify the
TODO?  I don't understand the TODO text I had.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: Is this TODO item done?

Дата:
> Ah, OK, exactly what should the TODO item text be?  Can you modify the
> TODO?  I don't understand the TODO text I had.

What I thought the TODO was about was extending the indexam API so that
the actual key values stored in the index could be retrieved (from
indexes that support this, which needn't be all of them).  This would
allow non-indexable qual conditions to be checked on the index value
before visiting the heap.  The canonical example is fully checking a
LIKE condition on the index key.

We've been discussing exactly this point over in the GIT-index thread...
        regards, tom lane

Re: Is this TODO item done?

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
> > > Is this TODO item done?

> > > Yea, I was pretty unclear exactly what the email was saying.  I will
> > > remove it.
> >
> > You seem to have removed the whole TODO item. which is certainly
> > wrong.  I was merely pointing out that that message didn't belong
> > under that TODO item.
>
> Ah, OK, exactly what should the TODO item text be?  Can you modify the
> TODO?  I don't understand the TODO text I had.

Got it, TODO clarified:

* Allow index scans to return matching index keys, not just the matching heap locations

http://enterprisedb.com