Обсуждение: \SET QUIET and \timing

\SET QUIET and \timing

От
"David E. Wheeler"
Дата:
Howdy,

I find that, in psql, if I set

\SET QUIET 1

Then, even with \timing toggled on, no timing info is output.

Relatedly, this doesn't seem to turn off quiet mode:

\SET QUIET 0

Are these bugs?

Thanks,

David

Re: \SET QUIET and \timing

От
"David E. Wheeler"
Дата:
On Jul 7, 2008, at 16:07, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I find that, in psql, if I set
>
> \SET QUIET 1
>
> Then, even with \timing toggled on, no timing info is output.
>
> Relatedly, this doesn't seem to turn off quiet mode:
>
> \SET QUIET 0
>
> Are these bugs?

I found that \set QUIET (on|off) works, but still, \timing has no
output when quiet is on.

Thanks,

David

Re: \SET QUIET and \timing

От
"David E. Wheeler"
Дата:
On Jul 7, 2008, at 17:14, Tom Lane wrote:

> "David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
>> Relatedly, this doesn't seem to turn off quiet mode:
>
>> \SET QUIET 0
>
> In current releases any value other than "off" (case insensitive)
> is taken as "true".  IIRC this was improved recently.

Cute. Thanks.

David

Re: \SET QUIET and \timing

Дата:
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
> Relatedly, this doesn't seem to turn off quiet mode:

> \SET QUIET 0

In current releases any value other than "off" (case insensitive)
is taken as "true".  IIRC this was improved recently.
        regards, tom lane