Обсуждение: new buildfarm client code feature release

new buildfarm client code feature release

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
There is a new release of the buildfarm client code. It can be
downloaded from
http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/2069/build-farm-3_2.tgz

Features:

. Add --find-typedefs option
. Add checking in different locales
. Add port for release 8.4,

bug fixes:

. remove XP_EXIT_FIX hack that never worked properly anyway, and is now redundant.
. Add a template temp filename per gripe from Greg Sabino Mullane.
. Work around inconsistency in File::Temp's reporting of tmp filename
. Make sure temp file is unlinked

Details:

the find-typedefs option is known to work only on Linux and Cygwin, and
probably Windows/mingw (to be tested shortly). I need people to work on
it with me for other platforms. I have not been able to locate an
objdump program that helps do this for OSX 10.5. The aim of all this is
to help get a good list fof typedefs or a working pg_indent program.
This doesn't need to be run all the time - maybe once a week would be
fine - but the more platforms we can get it run on the better. It is
enabled by the command line option --find-typedefs.

The new locales feature runs the following steps in the configured
locales: install-check, PL-install-check, contrib-installcheck. 'C' is a
required locale, and if not configured will be added in. The locales are
set upin the config file, like this:
   locales => [ qw( C en_US.utf8 french )],

cheers

andrew

Re: new buildfarm client code feature release

От
Zdenek Kotala
Дата:
Andrew Dunstan píše v ne 01. 02. 2009 v 16:38 -0500:
> There is a new release of the buildfarm client code. It can be
> downloaded from
> http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/2069/build-farm-3_2.tgz

I installed it on ghotic_moth and it look likes that there is problem
with other locales processing. See:

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=gothic_moth&dt=2009-02-02%2012:49:34

It says "failure at stage InstallCheck", but there is not clue what
locale is broken :(. And it does not contains log output.
    Zdenek

Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan píše v ne 01. 02. 2009 v 16:38 -0500:
>
>> There is a new release of the buildfarm client code. It can be
>> downloaded from
>> http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/2069/build-farm-3_2.tgz
>>

> I installed it on ghotic_moth and it look likes that there is problem
> with other locales processing. See:
>
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=gothic_moth&dt=2009-02-02%2012:49:34
>
> It says "failure at stage InstallCheck", but there is not clue what
> locale is broken :(. And it does not contains log output.

Darn. Ok, thanks. will check.

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Zdenek Kotala wrote:
>> Andrew Dunstan píše v ne 01. 02. 2009 v 16:38 -0500:
>>
>>> There is a new release of the buildfarm client code. It can be
>>> downloaded from
>>> http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/2069/build-farm-3_2.tgz
>>>

>> I installed it on ghotic_moth and it look likes that there is problem
>> with other locales processing. See:
>>
>> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=gothic_moth&dt=2009-02-02%2012:49:34
>>

>> It says "failure at stage InstallCheck", but there is not clue what
>> locale is broken :(. And it does not contains log output.
>>

> Darn. Ok, thanks. will check.

I will fix the heading shortly, but you can now see all the log files -
the problem was an over-aggressive query insertion filter that
disallowed a dot in the stage name.

See

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=gothic_moth&dt=2009-02-02%20124934&stg=install-check-cs_CZ.ISO8859-2

Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan píše v ne 01. 02. 2009 v 16:38 -0500:
>
>> There is a new release of the buildfarm client code. It can be
>> downloaded from
>> http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/2069/build-farm-3_2.tgz
>>

> I installed it on ghotic_moth and it look likes that there is problem
> with other locales processing. See:
>
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=gothic_moth&dt=2009-02-02%2012:49:34
>
> It says "failure at stage InstallCheck", but there is not clue what
> locale is broken :(. And it does not contains log output.

All this breakage should now be fixed. The web app is working correctly,
and there is a hot fix in CVS for the client app: it can be downloaded
from

<http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/pgbuildfarm/client-code/run_build.pl?rev=1.100&content-type=text/plain>

I'll put out a bug fix release when things settle down and we're sure we
have most of them.

cheers

andrew

Re: new buildfarm client code feature release

От
Zdenek Kotala
Дата:
Tested and it looks good.