Обсуждение: TODO items

TODO items

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
Hi,

I guess todo items marked as [D] (Done) should be removed now... right?

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova

Re: TODO items

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Jaime Casanova wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I guess todo items marked as [D] (Done) should be removed now... right?

Would there be some value in creating a new page TodoDone84 and moving
those items to it?

Re: TODO items

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 17:29 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Jaime Casanova wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I guess todo items marked as [D] (Done) should be removed now... right?
>
> Would there be some value in creating a new page TodoDone84 and moving
> those items to it?

For historical record I could see benefit.

Joshua D. Drake

> --
> Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/

PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -
http://www.commandprompt.com/ The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

Re: TODO items

От
Andrew Dunstan

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 17:29 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
>> Jaime Casanova wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I guess todo items marked as [D] (Done) should be removed now... right?
>>>
>> Would there be some value in creating a new page TodoDone84 and moving
>> those items to it?
>>

> For historical record I could see benefit.

Doesn't the wiki keep a page history? I don't see much point in keeping
the old items in a current page.

cheers

andrew

Re: TODO items

Дата:
> Jaime Casanova wrote:
>> I guess todo items marked as [D] (Done) should be removed now... right?

> Would there be some value in creating a new page TodoDone84 and moving
> those items to it?

In the past we've figured that old TODO versions could be retrieved
from CVS history.  While that's still possible in the wiki environment,
it might be worth saving the old entries in a more easily accessible
fashion.
        regards, tom lane

Re: TODO items

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>> Would there be some value in creating a new page TodoDone84 and moving
>>> those items to it?
>>
>> For historical record I could see benefit.
>
> Doesn't the wiki keep a page history?

Yes, but it is not as convenient.

> I don't see much point in keeping  the old items in a current page.

It is useful to point out to people: look at all the things we did in 8.4!

Re: TODO items

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Jaime Casanova wrote:
>>> I guess todo items marked as [D] (Done) should be removed now... right?
>
>> Would there be some value in creating a new page TodoDone84 and moving
>> those items to it?
>
> In the past we've figured that old TODO versions could be retrieved
> from CVS history.  While that's still possible in the wiki environment,
> it might be worth saving the old entries in a more easily accessible
> fashion.

We want to use the same format/sections like in the TODO?

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova
Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL
Asesoría y desarrollo de sistemas
Guayaquil - Ecuador
Cel. +59387171157

Re: TODO items

Дата:
Jaime Casanova <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> writes:
> We want to use the same format/sections like in the TODO?

Sure, why not?  Just copy the page and strip out the not-done items.
No reason to think hard here.
        regards, tom lane