Обсуждение: about GiST indexes

about GiST indexes

От
Sergej Galkin
Дата:
Hello to all, <br />I'm a young programmer student, and I would like to realize TPR-index on Postgresql system. Of
courseI want to use GiST template, rather than writing core :)<br />I have some questions, and I would be very grateful
ifanybody answers my question.<br /> 1) where could I know the prototypes of such functions as union, pentaly and etc.
Andto read more detally than in PostgreSql documentation ?<br />2) How could I save in index structure  index created
time,and to get this value when I envoking such procedures such as union, penalty, pick split ? <br /><br />Best
regards,<br/>Sergej Galkin<br />

Re: about GiST indexes

От
Dimitri Fontaine
Дата:
Hi,

Have you read that yet? http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/gist-implementation.html

> 2) How could I save in index structure  index created time, and to get
> this value when I envoking such procedures such as union, penalty,
> pick split ?

I'm not sure I understand the questiom. Is the created time part of the
data you're indexing?
--
dim