Обсуждение: dtester-0.1 released

dtester-0.1 released

От
Markus Wanner
Дата:
Hi,

the test harness used for Postgres-R has been unbundled and is now
available separately in a first release version 0.1. With its async,
event driven nature it is specifically targetting distributed systems
and designed to allow easy reuse and rearrangment of test components.

Special thanks to Kevin Grittner for being the motivating early adopter
with patience, good suggestions and the invaluable ability to read and
understand others code. He uses dtester for the development of true
serializability.

To learn more about the dtester project, visit its project website:
http://www.bluegap.ch/projects/dtester/

A git repository for dtester as well as some integration code for
testing Postgres based projects is available at:
http://git.postgres-r.org/

Regards

Markus Wanner

Re: dtester-0.1 released

От
Steve Singer
Дата:
Markus Wanner wrote:
> Hi,
> A git repository for dtester as well as some integration code for> testing Postgres based projects is available at:>
http://git.postgres-r.org/>

Markus,

I'm having some issues pulling from your git repository

$ git fetch postgres-dtest

fatal: http://git.postgres-r.org/postgres-dtests/info/refs not found:
did you run git update-server-info on the server?

$ git clone http://git.postgres-r.org/dtester
Initialized empty Git repository in
/local/home/ssinger/src/dtester/dtester/.git/
fatal: http://git.postgres-r.org/dtester/info/refs download error - The
requested URL returned error: 500

Is your git server having issues or am I trying to get at the code in
the wrong way.

Thanks

--
Steve Singer
Afilias Canada

Re: dtester-0.1 released

От
Markus Wanner
Дата:
Steve,

Steve Singer wrote:
> $ git clone http://git.postgres-r.org/dtester
> Initialized empty Git repository in
> /local/home/ssinger/src/dtester/dtester/.git/
> fatal: http://git.postgres-r.org/dtester/info/refs download error - The
> requested URL returned error: 500

Oh, thank you for pointing this out. I've fixed that for now.

Do I need to run git update-server-info after every pull for the http
protocol to work? Or just once to initialize the repository?

Note that the git protocol said to be is more efficient. At least that's
what I've heard. You might want to use that instead (especially if http
continues to pose problems).

Kind Regards

Markus Wanner

Re: dtester-0.1 released

От
Jan Urbański
Дата:
On 24/03/10 21:06, Markus Wanner wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Steve Singer wrote:
>> $ git clone http://git.postgres-r.org/dtester
>> Initialized empty Git repository in
>> /local/home/ssinger/src/dtester/dtester/.git/
>> fatal: http://git.postgres-r.org/dtester/info/refs download error -
>> The requested URL returned error: 500
>
> Oh, thank you for pointing this out. I've fixed that for now.
>
> Do I need to run git update-server-info after every pull for the http
> protocol to work? Or just once to initialize the repository?

After each change in the repository. If you are pushing into that
repository, you can set the post-update hook in the repo to run git
update-server-info and forget about it.

Cheers,
Jan

Re: dtester-0.1 released

От
Steve Singer
Дата:
Markus Wanner wrote:

Thanks,

I can now fetch off the postgres-dtester repository, but I'm still
getting the error when I try to clone the /dtester repository.

--
Steve Singer
Afilias Canada