Обсуждение: wal_mode in postgresql.conf

wal_mode in postgresql.conf

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Why is 'wal_level' listed next to 'fsync' in postgresql.conf?
#wal_level = 'hot_standby'              # minimal, archive, or hot_standby#fsync = on                             #
turnsforced synchronization on or off#synchronous_commit = on                # immediate fsync at
commit#wal_sync_method= fsync                # the default is the first option

Seems it should be in the archiving section.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: wal_level in postgresql.conf

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Why is 'wal_level' listed next to 'fsync' in postgresql.conf?
>
>     #wal_level = 'hot_standby'              # minimal, archive, or hot_standby
>     #fsync = on                             # turns forced synchronization on or off
>     #synchronous_commit = on                # immediate fsync at commit
>     #wal_sync_method = fsync                # the default is the first option
>
> Seems it should be in the archiving section.

Sorry, subject was wrong.  I am asking about 'wal_level'.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: wal_level in postgresql.conf

От
Fujii Masao
Дата:
On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 12:22 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Why is 'wal_level' listed next to 'fsync' in postgresql.conf?
>>
>>       #wal_level = 'hot_standby'              # minimal, archive, or hot_standby
>>       #fsync = on                             # turns forced synchronization on or off
>>       #synchronous_commit = on                # immediate fsync at commit
>>       #wal_sync_method = fsync                # the default is the first option
>>
>> Seems it should be in the archiving section.

-1 since wal_level affects WAL logging itself, and is to do with
not only archiving but also hot standby.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center