Обсуждение: Query results differ depending on operating system (using GIN)

Query results differ depending on operating system (using GIN)

От
Artur Dabrowski
Дата:
Hello,

I have been redirected here from pg-general.

I tested full text search using GIN index and it turned out that the results
depend on operating system. Not all the rows are found when executing some
of queries on pg server installed on Win XP SP3 and CentOS 5.4, while
everything seems to be fine on Ubuntu 4.4.1.

More details and tested queries are described here:
http://old.nabble.com/Incorrect-FTS-results-with-GIN-index-ts29172750.html

I hope you can help with this weird problem.

Regards
Artur

Re: Query results differ depending on operating system (using GIN)

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On 20 July 2010 10:41, Artur Dabrowski <ad@astec.com.pl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been redirected here from pg-general.
>
> I tested full text search using GIN index and it turned out that the results
> depend on operating system. Not all the rows are found when executing some
> of queries on pg server installed on Win XP SP3 and CentOS 5.4, while
> everything seems to be fine on Ubuntu 4.4.1.
>
> More details and tested queries are described here:
> http://old.nabble.com/Incorrect-FTS-results-with-GIN-index-ts29172750.html
>
> I hope you can help with this weird problem.
>
> Regards
> Artur
> --

Could you please clarify what you mean by Ubuntu 4.4.1?

Thom

Re: Query results differ depending on operating system (using GIN)

От
Artur Dabrowski
Дата:
Thom,

please have a look at this message of Oleg Bartunov for details of this
operating system:
http://old.nabble.com/Incorrect-FTS-results-with-GIN-index-tc29172750.html#a29212846

Artur

Thom Brown wrote:

> Could you please clarify what you mean by Ubuntu 4.4.1?
>
> Thom
>
> --

Re: Query results differ depending on operating system (using GIN)

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On 20 July 2010 11:14, Artur Dabrowski <ad@astec.com.pl> wrote:

> Thom,
>
> please have a look at this message of Oleg Bartunov for details of this
> operating system:
> http://old.nabble.com/Incorrect-FTS-results-with-GIN-index-tc29172750.html#a29212846
>
> Artur

Ah, so gcc 4.4.1 on Ubuntu or derivative thereof.

Thom

Re: Query results differ depending on operating system (using GIN)

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 5:41 AM, Artur Dabrowski <ad@astec.com.pl> wrote:
> I have been redirected here from pg-general.
>
> I tested full text search using GIN index and it turned out that the results
> depend on operating system. Not all the rows are found when executing some
> of queries on pg server installed on Win XP SP3 and CentOS 5.4, while
> everything seems to be fine on Ubuntu 4.4.1.
>
> More details and tested queries are described here:
> http://old.nabble.com/Incorrect-FTS-results-with-GIN-index-ts29172750.html
>
> I hope you can help with this weird problem.

This seems like it's definitely a bug, but I don't know much about the
GIN code.  Copying Oleg and Teodor...

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Query results differ depending on operating system (using GIN)

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010, Robert Haas wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 5:41 AM, Artur Dabrowski <ad@astec.com.pl> wrote:
>> I have been redirected here from pg-general.
>>
>> I tested full text search using GIN index and it turned out that the results
>> depend on operating system. Not all the rows are found when executing some
>> of queries on pg server installed on Win XP SP3 and CentOS 5.4, while
>> everything seems to be fine on Ubuntu 4.4.1.
>>
>> More details and tested queries are described here:
>> http://old.nabble.com/Incorrect-FTS-results-with-GIN-index-ts29172750.html
>>
>> I hope you can help with this weird problem.
>
> This seems like it's definitely a bug, but I don't know much about the
> GIN code.  Copying Oleg and Teodor...

On my machine I didn't reproduce the problem with Artur's dump. I think the
problem could be with package, since I use only compiled version.

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83