Обсуждение: 16/32/48/64 bytes integers

16/32/48/64 bytes integers

От
Daniel Oliveira
Дата:
Hello,

I wishing to create real big numbers, but I'm facing some difficulties.

Is possible to setup an integer type of more than 8 bytes (i.e. 16/32/48/64 bytes)?

Can I setup a value as large as I want?

How I should acess them using PG_RETURN_xxx and PG_GETARG_xxx macros?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Oliveira

Re: 16/32/48/64 bytes integers

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
On 11/08/10 21:19, Daniel Oliveira wrote:
> I wishing to create real big numbers, but I'm facing some difficulties.
>
> Is possible to setup an integer type of more than 8 bytes (i.e. 16/32/48/64
> bytes)?

No. Not unless you write your own datatype.

Use numeric, it scales up to ridiculously large numbers.