Обсуждение: pg_is_in_recovery=1

pg_is_in_recovery=1

От
aaliya zarrin
Дата:
Hi All,

When pg_is_in_recovery in the table changes to zero(status change)??

At the time when recovery stops?
If switch over has to be done then, after receivibg the signal and telling the postgres to run the startup process (got_SIGHUP = true),
shall we have to stop replication or wait for the recovery to get stop?
Can I change this pg_is_in_recovery = 0?

--
Thanks & Regards,

Aaliya Zarrin
(+91)-9160665888

Re: pg_is_in_recovery=1

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 12:48 AM, aaliya zarrin <aaliya.zarrin@gmail.com> wrote:
> When pg_is_in_recovery in the table changes to zero(status change)??
> At the time when recovery stops?

Ah... yep.

> If switch over has to be done then, after receivibg the signal and telling
> the postgres to run the startup process (got_SIGHUP = true),
> shall we have to stop replication or wait for the recovery to get stop?
> Can I change this pg_is_in_recovery = 0?

Stopping replication and ending recovery are the same operation in
this case.  In the case of a crash, we do recovery just to get back to
a consistent state.  In the case of replication, we recover
continuously until failover is performed.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company