Обсуждение: Multiple Extensions

Multiple Extensions

От
"David E. Wheeler"
Дата:
Hackers,

I’m preparing a new release of pgTAP, and have started breaking it down into smaller extensions. I’ve been planning to
havethem all in one distribution file for now, but it seems that one cannot specify multiple extension names in the
EXTENSIONvariable. In my Makefile, I have
   EXTENSION    = pgtap pgtap-core pgtap-schema

But having more than the one, I get:
   > make   grep: pgtap: No such file or directory   grep: pgtap-core: No such file or directory   grep: pgtap: No such
fileor directory   grep: pgtap-core: No such file or directory   grep: pgtap: No such file or directory   grep:
pgtap-core:No such file or directory   Makefile:79: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.

So is that not supported? If not, why not?

Thanks,

David

Re: Multiple Extensions

От
Dimitri Fontaine
Дата:
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
>     EXTENSION    = pgtap pgtap-core pgtap-schema

See contrib/spi/Makefile for an exemple of that.

>     > make
>     Makefile:79: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.
>
> So is that not supported? If not, why not?

Can we see your Makefile?

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

Re: Multiple Extensions

От
"David E. Wheeler"
Дата:
On Nov 11, 2011, at 4:27 AM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:

>>    EXTENSION    = pgtap pgtap-core pgtap-schema
>
> See contrib/spi/Makefile for an exemple of that.

Okay, good, it *should* work then.

>>> make
>>    Makefile:79: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.
>>
>> So is that not supported? If not, why not?
>
> Can we see your Makefile?

Right here:
 https://github.com/theory/pgtap/blob/master/Makefile

Best,

David

Re: Multiple Extensions

От
"David E. Wheeler"
Дата:
On Nov 11, 2011, at 9:20 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

>> Can we see your Makefile?
>
> Right here:
>
>  https://github.com/theory/pgtap/blob/master/Makefile

Oy, this is stupidly my fault. I blame the late hours and the second stout.

Thanks,

David

Re: Multiple Extensions

От
Dimitri Fontaine
Дата:
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
>>>    EXTENSION    = pgtap pgtap-core pgtap-schema
>   https://github.com/theory/pgtap/blob/master/Makefile

I don't see the line above in the file you linked.  The content of the
Makefile I just read is not using multiple extensions at all, it's re
implementing all of it for itself.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

Re: Multiple Extensions

От
"David E. Wheeler"
Дата:
On Nov 11, 2011, at 11:04 AM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:

>>  https://github.com/theory/pgtap/blob/master/Makefile
>
> I don't see the line above in the file you linked.  The content of the
> Makefile I just read is not using multiple extensions at all, it's re
> implementing all of it for itself.

Yeah, I had checked it in unbroken. I’ve since fixed it.

Thanks,

David