Обсуждение: xpath_table

xpath_table

От
"magtiki2@juno.com"
Дата:
I noticed in the Postgres 9.1 manual that the xml2 module has been removed. I was looking to use the xpath_table
functionality(making an xml doc look like a table so I could join it with other tables) but it looks like I can't.

Is there another way to make an xml doc look like a table?

Mike Bender

53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4ecc2e3f9a155393b1est05vuc

Re: xpath_table

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 6:19 PM, magtiki2@juno.com <magtiki2@juno.com> wrote:
> I noticed in the Postgres 9.1 manual that the xml2 module has been removed.

No, it hasn't.  We talked about it, but we didn't do it.  We're still
"planning" to remove it three releases ago.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/xml2.html

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: xpath_table

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 6:19 PM, magtiki2@juno.com <magtiki2@juno.com> wrote:
> > I noticed in the Postgres 9.1 manual that the xml2 module has been removed.
>
> No, it hasn't.  We talked about it, but we didn't do it.  We're still
> "planning" to remove it three releases ago.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/xml2.html

The hold-up has been that the built-in xml type still does not do
everything the old xml2 module did.  I don't remember the details.

http://enterprisedb.com