Обсуждение: mysql with postgres

mysql with postgres

От
Ravi Kiran
Дата:
hi all,

Is postgres source code compatible with mysql database?? If it is, could someone could give me some links so that I can do that.

I want to hack into the postgres source code, but as I am comfortable with mysql, I want to use the mysql database not postgres.

any references would be fine.

thank you

Re: mysql with postgres

От
Atri Sharma

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 3:06 PM, Ravi Kiran <ravi.kolanpaka@gmail.com> wrote:
hi all,

Is postgres source code compatible with mysql database?? If it is, could someone could give me some links so that I can do that.

I want to hack into the postgres source code, but as I am comfortable with mysql, I want to use the mysql database not postgres.

any references would be fine.

thank you

Eh...what?

Re: mysql with postgres

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
On 12/23/2014 04:36 AM, Ravi Kiran wrote:
> hi all,
>

> Is postgres source code compatible with mysql database?? If it is,
> could someone could give me some links so that I can do that.
>
> I want to hack into the postgres source code, but as I am comfortable
> with mysql, I want to use the mysql database not postgres.
>
> any references would be fine.

No. That's like asking if Unix is compatible with Windows, because you
want to hack on Unix but you're comfortable with windows and want to use it.

If you want to use mysql you should hack on it. If you want to use
postgres hack on it. But you can't mix those two.

cheers

andrew

Re: mysql with postgres

От
Mark Kirkwood
Дата:
On 23/12/14 22:36, Ravi Kiran wrote:
> hi all,
>

> Is postgres source code compatible with mysql database?? If it is, could
> someone could give me some links so that I can do that.
>
> I want to hack into the postgres source code, but as I am comfortable
> with mysql, I want to use the mysql database not postgres.
>
> any references would be fine.

I'm wondering if you are thinking that you can use Postgres as a Mysql
storage engine? While Mysql does has pluggable storage
engines...Postgres is not designed to be able to be used in this way
(that would be an interesting - but big and probably controversial
project to undertake).

So if you are more familiar with Mysql, why not hack Innodb?

Regards

Mark