Обсуждение: Comment update to pathnode.c

Comment update to pathnode.c

От
Etsuro Fujita
Дата:
Hi,

The comments for create_foreignscan_path says as follows, but that it's
now possible that the function is called by GetForeignJoinPaths, which
was added in 9.5.

1450 /*
1451  * create_foreignscan_path
1452  *    Creates a path corresponding to a scan of a foreign table,
1453  *    returning the pathnode.
1454  *
1455  * This function is never called from core Postgres; rather, it's
expected
1456  * to be called by the GetForeignPaths function of a foreign data
wrapper.
1457  * We make the FDW supply all fields of the path, since we do not
have any
1458  * way to calculate them in core.
1459  */

So, I've updated the comments.  Please find attached a patch.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Вложения

Re: Comment update to pathnode.c

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 6:22 AM, Etsuro Fujita
<fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> The comments for create_foreignscan_path says as follows, but that it's
> now possible that the function is called by GetForeignJoinPaths, which
> was added in 9.5.
>
> 1450 /*
> 1451  * create_foreignscan_path
> 1452  *    Creates a path corresponding to a scan of a foreign table,
> 1453  *    returning the pathnode.
> 1454  *
> 1455  * This function is never called from core Postgres; rather, it's
> expected
> 1456  * to be called by the GetForeignPaths function of a foreign data
> wrapper.
> 1457  * We make the FDW supply all fields of the path, since we do not
> have any
> 1458  * way to calculate them in core.
> 1459  */
>
> So, I've updated the comments.  Please find attached a patch.

I would write "to be called by the GetForeignPaths or
GetForeignJoinPaths function" to keep it a bit more concise.  And I
would reflow the paragraph.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Comment update to pathnode.c

От
Etsuro Fujita
Дата:
On 2015/09/12 4:26, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 6:22 AM, Etsuro Fujita
> <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> The comments for create_foreignscan_path says as follows, but that it's
>> now possible that the function is called by GetForeignJoinPaths, which
>> was added in 9.5.
>>
>> 1450 /*
>> 1451  * create_foreignscan_path
>> 1452  *    Creates a path corresponding to a scan of a foreign table,
>> 1453  *    returning the pathnode.
>> 1454  *
>> 1455  * This function is never called from core Postgres; rather, it's
>> expected
>> 1456  * to be called by the GetForeignPaths function of a foreign data
>> wrapper.
>> 1457  * We make the FDW supply all fields of the path, since we do not
>> have any
>> 1458  * way to calculate them in core.
>> 1459  */
>>
>> So, I've updated the comments.  Please find attached a patch.
>
> I would write "to be called by the GetForeignPaths or
> GetForeignJoinPaths function" to keep it a bit more concise.  And I
> would reflow the paragraph.

Thanks for the comments!  Attached is an updated version of the patch.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Вложения

Re: Comment update to pathnode.c

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 1:55 AM, Etsuro Fujita
<fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> Thanks for the comments!  Attached is an updated version of the patch.

Committed and back-patched to 9.5.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Comment update to pathnode.c

От
Etsuro Fujita
Дата:
On 2015/09/29 20:51, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 1:55 AM, Etsuro Fujita
> <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> Thanks for the comments!  Attached is an updated version of the patch.
>
> Committed and back-patched to 9.5.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita