Обсуждение: Unreasonably generic names in matview.sql

Unreasonably generic names in matview.sql

Дата:
I've been annoyed one time too many by the fact that matview.sql
creates, and leaves around, tables and views with such generic
names as "t" and "tv".  Unless someone's really attached to that,
I'd like to rename those objects to begin with, say, "mvtest".
        regards, tom lane

Re: Unreasonably generic names in matview.sql

От
Kevin Grittner
Дата:
No objection here.

I can do that if you would rather.

Kevin Grittner

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I've been annoyed one time too many by the fact that matview.sql
> creates, and leaves around, tables and views with such generic
> names as "t" and "tv".  Unless someone's really attached to that,
> I'd like to rename those objects to begin with, say, "mvtest".
>
>                         regards, tom lane
>

> --

Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Unreasonably generic names in matview.sql

Дата:
Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> writes:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I've been annoyed one time too many by the fact that matview.sql
>> creates, and leaves around, tables and views with such generic
>> names as "t" and "tv".  Unless someone's really attached to that,
>> I'd like to rename those objects to begin with, say, "mvtest".

> No objection here.
> I can do that if you would rather.

It's my gripe, so I'm happy to do the legwork.
        regards, tom lane