Обсуждение: Compiling Test Programs

Compiling Test Programs

От
Scott Holmes
Дата:
I am by no means a C programmer and I don't know much about Makefiles so I
need a little assistance here.  I have Postgresql7.1 compiled from the tar
ball and it's working fine.  But now I need to write a program using libpg.  I
have psql working fine as well as PHP4 so I've assumed libpg has been included
in my installation.  But when I go to compile testlibpq.c  I get:

gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations
-I../../../src/interfaces/libpq -I../../../src/include
-Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/pgsql/lib  testlibpq.c   -o testlibpq
/tmp/ccy2shMg.o: In function `exit_nicely':
/tmp/ccy2shMg.o(.text+0x7): undefined reference to `PQfinish'
/tmp/ccy2shMg.o: In function `main':
/tmp/ccy2shMg.o(.text+0x30): undefined reference to `PQsetdbLogin'
/tmp/ccy2shMg.o(.text+0x39): undefined reference to `PQstatus'
/tmp/ccy2shMg.o(.text+0x205): undefined reference to `PQfinish'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [testlibpq] Error 1

I do have /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.a

Perhaps someone can point me in the proper direction.

C++ interface on RH Linux 6.2

От
Carlos Moreno
Дата:
Hi,

I'm compiling my applications on a RedHat 7.0 or 7.1 system,
and had no trouble so far.  I include in my program the
following:

#include <pgsql/libpq++.h>

And then, when compiling, I use the switches:

-I/usr/include/pgsql  and  -lpq++

Works fine.  But one of my students is trying to work on
his machine at home (he has RH6.2), and is running into
a couple of problems.  libpq++.h -- include file not found.
I checked it, and the file was called libpq++.H

When changing the include and compiling with the same
switches, it did compile, but then when executing it, he
got an error:  can not load runtime library *****.so***
(don't have the exact message here, but I remember it
was about not being able to load the *.so* runtime lib)

I assume the default setup on RH6.2 is different than the
new default setup on RH7+.  What should I (he) do?  Is
there any documentation where I could find instructions
for the various standard setups?

Thanks!

Carlos
--

Re: C++ interface on RH Linux 6.2

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:

Re: C++ interface on RH Linux 6.2

От
Carlos Moreno
Дата:
Lamar Owen wrote:

> First, upgrading the version of postgresql he has would be a good idea, as
> RedHat 6.2 shipped with PostgreSQL 6.5.3.

This would probably be the easiest thing for him.

> But, the C++ compiler isn't really great on RedHat6.2 --it works, but it
> isn't great.  The Red Hat 7.x compiler is, well, not very standard is some
> ways, but much more standard in others -- in particular, the C++ portion.
>
> Upgrading to Red Hat 7.1 is a very good thing to do, IMHO.

He tried, since the setup that we have on the lab machines is RH7.1,
so he would prefer to have the exact same setup (to avoid surprises
and incompatibilities when he brings his homework/assignments from
his machine to the College).  But for some reason that I find rather
misterious, he tells me that he couldn't install RH7.1 ...  ????

(I'm having a hard time understanding how he could install RH6.2
and it recognized the hardware, but he can't install RH7.1, which
normally recognizes more easily any hardware configuration...)

In any case, I think upgrading to the latest pgSQL would be the
best option  (hmmm, I hope there are RPMs available  :-))

Thanks!!

Carlos
--

Re: Compiling Test Programs

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Scott Holmes writes:

> gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations
> -I../../../src/interfaces/libpq -I../../../src/include
> -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/pgsql/lib  testlibpq.c   -o testlibpq
> /tmp/ccy2shMg.o: In function `exit_nicely':
> /tmp/ccy2shMg.o(.text+0x7): undefined reference to `PQfinish'
> /tmp/ccy2shMg.o: In function `main':
> /tmp/ccy2shMg.o(.text+0x30): undefined reference to `PQsetdbLogin'
> /tmp/ccy2shMg.o(.text+0x39): undefined reference to `PQstatus'
> /tmp/ccy2shMg.o(.text+0x205): undefined reference to `PQfinish'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [testlibpq] Error 1

You need to link against libpq.  Add '-lpq' to the compilation line.