Обсуждение: UpdateableResultSet patch (not finished yet!)

UpdateableResultSet patch (not finished yet!)

От
Ola Sundell
Дата:
Hello,

I have, for some time, now, been working on the updateable resultset
class. Please have a look at http://www.miranda.org/~ola/jdbcupr.diff, and
let me know what you think. It is only rudimentary at the moment.

Things to consider:

* Parsing of query. Very hackish at the moment.
* Concurrency check.

Things that need work:
* Documentation
* Inserting - nothing done as of yet.
* The test case needs to be more elaborate.

Ola

--
Ola Sundell
ola@miranda.org - olas@wiw.org - ola.sundell@personalchemistry.com

Re: UpdateableResultSet patch (not finished yet!)

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:

> Hello,
>
> I have, for some time, now, been working on the updateable resultset
> class. Please have a look at http://www.miranda.org/~ola/jdbcupr.diff, and
> let me know what you think. It is only rudimentary at the moment.
>
> Things to consider:
>
> * Parsing of query. Very hackish at the moment.
> * Concurrency check.
>
> Things that need work:
> * Documentation
> * Inserting - nothing done as of yet.
> * The test case needs to be more elaborate.
>
> Ola
>
> --
> Ola Sundell
> ola@miranda.org - olas@wiw.org - ola.sundell@personalchemistry.com
> http://miranda.org/~ola

Re: UpdateableResultSet patch (not finished yet!)

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Sorry, wrong message.  This is not in the patch queue.

> Hello,
>
> I have, for some time, now, been working on the updateable resultset
> class. Please have a look at http://www.miranda.org/~ola/jdbcupr.diff, and
> let me know what you think. It is only rudimentary at the moment.
>
> Things to consider:
>
> * Parsing of query. Very hackish at the moment.
> * Concurrency check.
>
> Things that need work:
> * Documentation
> * Inserting - nothing done as of yet.
> * The test case needs to be more elaborate.
>
> Ola
>
> --
> Ola Sundell
> ola@miranda.org - olas@wiw.org - ola.sundell@personalchemistry.com
> http://miranda.org/~ola

Re: UpdateableResultSet patch (not finished yet!)

От
Barry Lind
Дата:
Ola,

I don't think this logic should be coded into the JDBC driver.  Instead
I think it makes much more sence to have this logic coded into the
backend and then exposed via JDBC and the other interfaces.  I know that
someone is working on doing the same thing in ODBC.  Having the same
code done in two or more places is a bad idea.

thanks,
--Barry