Обсуждение: Errors compiling Postgres (bison -maximum table size excceeded)

Errors compiling Postgres (bison -maximum table size excceeded)

От
Carlos Correia
Дата:
Hi,

I tried to compile the latest stable release in order of getting a JDBC
driver which has the DatabaseMetaData.getColumns()'s bug fixed and,
after invoking 'configure --with-java', I tried to compile it (with
'gmake' - in the top directory).
It failed with this error:

bison -y -d  preproc.y
preproc.y:5561: fatal error: maximum table size (32767) exceeded

I'm running a Mandrake 9.0 distribution.

Any one has an idea of how to fix this?

Best Regards,

Carlos

Re: Errors compiling Postgres (bison -maximum table size excceeded)

От
snpe
Дата:
You need bison (1.875 work fine for me)

regards
Haris Peco
On Monday 13 January 2003 19:18, Carlos Correia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to compile the latest stable release in order of getting a JDBC
> driver which has the DatabaseMetaData.getColumns()'s bug fixed and,
> after invoking 'configure --with-java', I tried to compile it (with
> 'gmake' - in the top directory).
> It failed with this error:
>
> bison -y -d  preproc.y
> preproc.y:5561: fatal error: maximum table size (32767) exceeded
>
> I'm running a Mandrake 9.0 distribution.
>
> Any one has an idea of how to fix this?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Carlos

Errors compiling Postgres (bison -maximum table size excceeded)

От
Lee Kindness
Дата:
You need Bison >= 1.50 to compile the PostgreSQL CVS source, i've
built RPMs of the latest Bison, 1.875, which may be of use to you:

 http://services.csl.co.uk/postgresql/

Lee.

snpe wrote:

>You need bison (1.875 work fine for me)
>
>regards
>Haris Peco
>On Monday 13 January 2003 19:18, Carlos Correia wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I tried to compile the latest stable release in order of getting a JDBC
>>driver which has the DatabaseMetaData.getColumns()'s bug fixed and,
>>after invoking 'configure --with-java', I tried to compile it (with
>>'gmake' - in the top directory).
>>It failed with this error:
>>
>>bison -y -d  preproc.y
>>preproc.y:5561: fatal error: maximum table size (32767) exceeded
>>
>>I'm running a Mandrake 9.0 distribution.
>>
>>Any one has an idea of how to fix this?
>>
>>Best Regards,

Hi,

I do have bison (v. 4.1.11) installed.

Thank's anyway...

Regards,
Carlos

Re: Errors compiling Postgres (bison -maximum table size excceeded)

От
Lee Kindness
Дата:
Carlos Correia writes:
 > >You need bison (1.875 work fine for me)
 > I do have bison (v. 4.1.11) installed.
 > Thank's anyway...

Huh, Bison 4.1.11? Don't think so! Mandrake ships GNU Bison, and the
latest version of it is 1.875. 'bison --version' will output your
version number.

As I mentioned in my earlier reply you need a NEWER version of Bison,
at least >1.50.

Lee.