Обсуждение: Using JDBC and libpq in the same process

Using JDBC and libpq in the same process

От
Nicola Pero
Дата:
Hi,

I have to work on some software which is using JDBC and libpq (via JNI) in
the same process to connect to the same Postgres database.  The software
is heavily multithreaded.

When running under heavy loads and accessing the database under JDBC and
libpq at the same time, we get obscure JVM crashes.

Before I even start debugging this, I wanted to ask - is there any known
fundamental reason why JDBC and libpq should *not* be used at the same
time in the same process ?

Re: Using JDBC and libpq in the same process

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Nicola,

No, the driver does not use libpq it uses it's own socket code.

Dave

Dave Cramer <Dave@micro-automation.net>